No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• he's the same fight since his comeback

people have been sayin his legs were not all there since the comeback, most are just see'ing it now that he was faced with the best opponent since his comeback

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      Pacquiao, Martinez, or retire.
      I agree.

They're the only fights that matter at this point.

There's no point staying around at this point for other fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
        There are different ways to get "miles", though.

In the case of Margarito and Vargas, it's because they have been punched silly and been in wars.

In the case of Hatton, it's because he has abused his body and all that yo-yo dieting.

In the case of Pernell, it was the drug use.

Is it possible that Floyd is aging because he worked so hard for so long? When you add up all of Floyd's lifelong training and work (ams, O's, pro, etc), that is alot of work on his joints and muscles.

His reflexes may be sharp... but his body breaks down from all the repetitive work.

Michael Jordan was aging at 36-ish.

Roy Jones always took care of his body...and he was def slipping physically at 35+.
        Best post in the thread.

Comment

• It's time for Cotto to retire.

I'm a big Cotto fan, but he should seriously think about retirement. He has made a lot of money and lots of investments. He should think about his health and his family. I don't want to see him get hurt or used as a gatekeeper like what has happened with prior champs.

Maybe another fight this year against Canelo? other than that I think he should seriously consider it.

Comment

• He should retire now because it would leave a good aura around him.

Comment

• I couldnt disagree more. I think Cotto is still a very solid fighter. Just because he failed against Floyd and Manny doesn't mean hes done in my eyes.

Hell, Manny didn't even want the fight at Cottos weight. That says something...

I think hes still got a few good years left.

Comment

• At least one more fight.

Comment

• Get $5-7 mil for fighting Canelo or sergio then bounce.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kenny MF Powers View Post
                    I couldnt disagree more. I think Cotto is still a very solid fighter. Just because he failed against Floyd and Manny doesn't mean hes done in my eyes.

Hell, Manny didn't even want the fight at Cottos weight. That says something...

I think hes still got a few good years left.
                    It's a whole mirage. Again this like deja vu from 2007 with Oscar.

Comment

• I think Miguel is more than capable of making this decision on his own without relying on the unsolicited advice of strangers on the internet.

Personally, I think he can rule 154 for a while longer.

Comment

Working...
                      X