No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd vs Cotto Post match Legacey...

I think Floyd has allot to lose in this fight. Just like most of his fights.

Cotto has allot to gain with a good showing against a top opponent. After Cotto defeated Margarito convincingly, this was the next logical fight (outside of we all know who)

The stage:

Two seasoned vets, two boxing technicians. One carries a bit more power and some technical graces the other brings a savant technical style to the ring. I think it's an interesting match up. Cotto is not to far past his prime and neither is Mayweather.

My question is what problems can Cotto Pose to Mayweather and vice versa?

IMO I think if it's an inside fight it could lean more towards Cotto by a slight advantage.

If it's more in the center of the ring and off the ropes, it favors Cotto. I honestly thing this could be a beautiful match!

One slight ripple which most people haven't mentioned is Cotto has an amazing Jab, one of the best in the sport. I would equate it to a Winky-esk jab it's not just a range finder it's an offensive weapon that disrupts not only timing but rhythm. I know it's an older fight but look at Cotto vs Shane he kept Shane off throwing it. A good jab is something that De la didn't posses something that.

I think post match it Cotto can really add to his run from no one Legacy getting a win or having a good showing. Considering some of his questionable opposition in his past. CW/PED fights with a guy who potentially/did used loaded gloves, I think he will be very determined and well prepared.

I think if Floyd wins In spectacular fashion and shuts Cotto out/Koes him especially at 154. Not only solidifies him as one of the best, but also moves him closer to negating any argument as being one of the best of his era. With a few more fights against top level competition could make him arguably one of the greatest going down as a 1st ballot HOF.

Thoughts?

Comment

• Damn, that does not make top rank/pacquiao look good at all.

Comment

• Junior Witter, Kell Brook, Trout.

Comment

• He'll get caught a little more than we're used to seeing but Cotto doesn't hit hard enough to really hurt him upstairs and Floyd still won't get hit nearly as much as he's hitting Cotto.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hyacinth View Post
            I mean, being a fan is one thing but rooting blindly for him because his family just randomly happens to come from the same part of the Caribbean your family came from is pretty stupid to be quite honest. That or you guys were some hardcore wrestling fans and just crossed over to boxing with the same admiration and dedication you had for Hulk Hogan. I would imagine you guys aren't dense enough to actually bet money on Cotto though. Highly doubt that.

My question, are there any NSB Cotto fans that actually think Cotto is going to win?

ps. please spare me the whole "this is boxing, anything can happen" talk. of course anything can happen. someone could come in strapped with bombs and blow up the building too. stick to the script!
            To answer your question yes! I do believe Cotto has a shot it would be stupid to think Cotto does not stand a chance at all. We can all agree on something regardless of the outcome Cotto will come to win and give the best of whatever he has left. I'm all for this fight and I also believe he will do better than he did against Pac. I only hope two things #1 That he does pull it off #2 That if he does win or does better than expected he gets a bit of love from all the haters here.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
              Junior Witter, Kell Brook, Trout.
              Trout's a southpaw but YES to Kell Brook. Great call man, Kell Brook doesn't quite have the defensive similarities but his offense is VERY similar to Floyd's.

Comment

• Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
                He'll get caught a little more than we're used to seeing but Cotto doesn't hit hard enough to really hurt him upstairs and Floyd still won't get hit nearly as much as he's hitting Cotto.
                so what? close fight or solid fight? 8-4 or so?

Comment

• Originally posted by DLT View Post
                  so what? close fight or solid fight? 8-4 or so?
                  8-4 with Cotto fading down the stretch and some exciting moments. People just think cause Floyd was always so mobile that he can't fight in the pocket...Floyd's excellent in the pocket.

Comment

• find out may 5th cuz that's exactly how floyd is going to fight cotto.

floyd is very good at maintaining the perfect distance and remember he has a long reach and cotto has short arms so cotto is going to get picked apart, even from a relatively close range.

Comment

• Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
                      If they estimate that it does 1.2-1.5 million buys @ 60 bucks, on the low end it'll make 72millies, 35% of that is 25million. So if it upticks to the 1.4-1.5 range, he'll get 30 million.

That's not counting TV spots, endorsements and all the other hoopla. He may even get a small size of the gate as well. I'd say that Cotto is doing quite well for himself and he can't be mad at all. Golden Boy will probably charge a modest "hosting/distribution" fee like they do with Mayweather. It probably beats out incredibly the percentage amount that Top Rank took from Cotto's check.
                      looks like HBO will PPV it all all PPV will be shared by Floyd and Cotto ONLY! how generous HBO is! lol

Comment

Working...
                      X