No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LEFTYGUNZZ View Post
    Mosley can emulate Floyd's style I seen how he did in the 24/7 ODLH vs Floyd in 2006. Sure Mosley has slowed down some but he is still faster then most and is a quality sparring partner....LEFTY
    that's all I needed to see

a lot of us seem to have this strange fascination with thinking Mosley can relive the days when he punched hard and fast.

he can't anymore

Comment

• People often talk about Pacs beating of Cotto as brutal. If Floyd cant match that, against a shop worn Cotto, it dont look good for floyd i agree.
      You dont come back from those beatings 100% even though Floyds ffans are already making excuses saying Cotto is not weight drained.
      So what, Cotto got a beating and wont return the same whether he fights at 154 or 160. Weights got nothing to do with it

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
        my math is fuzzy. how will he make $30 million from a 65/35 split?
        The investor Arum keeps talking about, maybe?

Comment

If they estimate that it does 1.2-1.5 million buys @ 60 bucks, on the low end it'll make 72millies, 35% of that is 25million. So if it upticks to the 1.4-1.5 range, he'll get 30 million.

That's not counting TV spots, endorsements and all the other hoopla. He may even get a small size of the gate as well. I'd say that Cotto is doing quite well for himself and he can't be mad at all. Golden Boy will probably charge a modest "hosting/distribution" fee like they do with Mayweather. It probably beats out incredibly the percentage amount that Top Rank took from Cotto's check.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hallaqsillaq View Post
            No.

Floyd is going to prove he doesn't need CW to fight the champ.

Floyd is going to prove he has no fear of Cotto at any weight.

Cotto is the only fighter Pac forced to CW at 147. Why?

Then he wants to do it again at JMW. Why?

No, to the average fan Floyd is going to make Pac look like a damn fool. Floyd may have an annoying persona, but he's a boxing genius; he knows this game, and understands perfectly what he's doing.
            also, it means that pacquiao now can't fight cotto full stop. pac didn't want mayweather, nor marquez, not really bradley but a drained cotto.
            floyd is playing chess, and he ain't too bad at it.

Comment

• Kid chocolate!

Comment

• Cotto deserves it.

Comment

• Damn that's a lot of Paper, Cotto deserves it. Bet he never made that much off Uncle Bob.

Comment

• What Happens If Floyd Meets Cotto In The Center.....

and fights him like he did Mosley & Ortiz? Maybe not walking him down all the way(atleast not until later) but just standing right in the center and not moving from him at all while being very aggressive. What happens if the fight goes that way?

Comment

Yeah, Miguel must be smoking some good Puerto Rican sticky icky. I actually did the math, for him to make anywhere near $30 mil on that split the fight would have to do upwards of 2.6 million buys.

Maybe that # was a typo?

Comment

Working...
                      X