Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really amazing the adjustment he makes... in the Ortiz fight it was primarily straight right but in this fight he changed it to the right hook and left uppercut which is more enjoyable to watch imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
      Honestly I think Cotto's most impressive stretch of the fight was when he boxed Floyd.

In the 6th he, from the outside, landed about 4 consectutive clean jabs followed by an awkward hook that did land clean.

But for the most part Cotto really pressed the issue. Floyd made Cotto respect his power though, and he did it early.
      Mayweather only really looked good 'boxing' Cotto in the later rounds when Cotto gassed, surprisingly as the older of the two Mayweather was the fitter of the two.

Floyd doesn't really have the same mobility any more though, for much of the fight Cotto looked the more mobile fighter, but FMJ showed great punch variation/selection and it has to be said, a lot of fight and heart.

Comment

• Yea and the thing is, he started out throwing the right hook. This wasn't an in-fight adjustment, it was a well prepared strategy.

Comment

• Originally posted by larryx2013 View Post
          Lets be real here Cotto put up a good fight and Cotto is very,very heavy handed but Floyd fought Cotto's fight and won a decisive decision at 154..Floyd was still fast,slick and was actually throwing hard shots standing toe to toe at 154(no catchweight)with a 154 titlelist.Floyd isnt prime by any mean but if a bloody nose means you are shot then ost boxers are shot to ****.............why is it when other fighters go to war they are called warriors...but when Floyd does it he is shot??come on Saturday was a great damn fight Cotto brought it and Floyd brought it....neither has anything to be ashamed about Cotto is a future hall of famer and will most likely win another title
          I never said Floyd is shot but Larry let me ask you this honestly and I understand it's hard for you to answer this question publicly because you are a huge Floyd guy so you can answer me by PM if you would like.

I know the trolling and childish nonsense that goes on here but I'm going to ask you honestly.

Do you think it was more Cotto or that we are seeing the beginning of the decline of the great Floyd Mayweather Jr?

I'm not taking anything from Cotto, he fought fantastic but Floyds feet looked very slow compared to where he was even against Ortiz and Mosley.

Comment

• Well he watched Hatton-Tsyzu anyway, he never stopped yappin about the referee in the build-up

Comment

• Why does everyone seem to gas when they fight Mayweather?!

His body work.

But in turn a lot of people prefer to suggest his oppoenents have stamina issues. Sounds to me like people just aren't willing to give Floyd credit for his body punching.

Comment

• He looked really really sharp, its just that Cotto has been the best pressure fighter he's fought in a while and he stood toe to toe. Bound to get hit, only those hard jabs were Cotto's best punches in the fight - the shoulder roll worked like a charm. Nothing indicated to me he was slowing down except him not moving as much. Was anyone else impressed with Cotto's conditioning? I'd like him to fight against Canelo or even Kirkland.

Comment

• Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
                  Yea and the thing is, he started out throwing the right hook. This wasn't an in-fight adjustment, it was a well prepared strategy.
                  Yeah, he said that was planned and intended it to be his money punch.

Comment

• Of course he does.

Anyone who comes into a fight not knowing his opponent is a damn fool.

Comment

• I think it has more to do with what is required to beat Floyd.

You need to stay ON him for every second and he dishes out a ton of punishment while his opponent does that.

The way to beat Floyd requires a gameplan that is extremely physically taxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X