No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Does More Studying Than He Lets On, And It Shows

They act like they don't watch tape and this and that.

But Floyd said that he watched the Mosley fight and he saw Mosley's chopping right hand get around Cotto's guard..........that's why he was throwing that whipping right hand/hook from the start as opposed to the straight right he loves so much.

I'm sorry, but I love that he's that much of a student of the game. He acts like he doesn't do that but he does and I think it's very impressive.

Comment

• I think people put way too much stock into Mayweather being "old"

He's certainly well passed his best days but at the same time Mayweather showed me his reflexes are sharp, he still has his legs and still has a sharp defense.

He is on the way to the end of his career though. I only want to see him fight two more times and if it isn't against Pacquaio or Martinez I'd prefer him to retire right now.

Comment

• Floyd looked great to me and he clearly won.

But I disagree with the whole notion that he wanted to fight Cotto toe to toe and that's the only reason it was competitive. Cotto forced that Floyd is just so good at adapting that he was still able to get the better of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
          Floyd looked great to me and he clearly won.

But I disagree with the whole notion that he wanted to fight Cotto toe to toe and that's the only reason it was competitive. Cotto forced that Floyd is just so good at adapting that he was still able to get the better of it.
          i honsetly think floyd could have fought a different fiight. when he wanted to box, he boxed. he chose not to at times and he most certainly chose to let his hands go more than usual.

Comment

• Originally posted by larryx2013 View Post
            To the people calling floyd old and saying he looked bad
            OMG, first Floyd threatening to retire, now this. Okay, okay whatever. Just stop whining.

You never hear JR whining even though he never gets the credit he deserves.

Comment

• he's obviously slowing down. I don't see why Mayweather's fans are trying to deny it. Every one gets slower as they continue to age. Pacquiao is slowing down and Marquez has been slowing down since 2007...

plus...I don't think i've seen 1 single poster say Floyd is shot. He's definitely a little slower and past his prime but he's still better than everyone else anyway.

Comment

• No doubt about it.

I bet he studies his opponents endlessly.

He puts up a thousand front's about what he does in preparation to his fights, I believe.

Comment

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                  i honsetly think floyd could have fought a different fiight. when he wanted to box, he boxed. he chose not to at times and he most certainly chose to let his hands go more than usual.
                  Honestly I think Cotto's most impressive stretch of the fight was when he boxed Floyd.

In the 6th he, from the outside, landed about 4 consectutive clean jabs followed by an awkward hook that did land clean.

But for the most part Cotto really pressed the issue. Floyd made Cotto respect his power though, and he did it early.

Comment

• Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
                    They act like they don't watch tape and this and that.

But Floyd said that he watched the Mosley fight and he saw Mosley's chopping right hand get around Cotto's guard..........that's why he was throwing that whipping right hand/hook from the start as opposed to the straight right he loves so much.

I'm sorry, but I love that he's that much of a student of the game. He acts like he doesn't do that but he does and I think it's very impressive.
                    Semantics IMO. He may not watch "tapes" but he has to watch DVD's or films. Notice he said, he caught the Mosley Cotto fight while switching channels and only watched a couple of rounds. Enough to know the right hook was vulnerable.

He's like rappers saying, I don't write. But they type everything out on their smartphones.

Comment

• If Mayweather stayed on the outside he would have had much more success just boxing Cotto.

People are used to seeing Floyd dominate so it's understandable for them to speculate whether Floyd is reaching the end of his career. I personaly think with his style and his D he could carry on at the elite level for many more years to come.

Comment

Working...
                      X