No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ab4life View Post
    Don't get me wrong and I should have phrased it better. Money May is an all-time great but as a fight fan and having so much boxing history as well as great fighters who have graced the sport I think it is only natural to make comparisons. With many people gravitating to the school of thought that May is the greatest or in the top echelon of the greats (top 10)...I felt compelled to ask the question.
    Dude you compared ww in their prime with a 35 year old floyd. The comparison is skewed. Floyd beat Miguel's ass and sent him to the hospital for observation. If you think anothe ATG would have done better at 35, then you are just looking to criticize floyd for no apparent reason.

Comment

I am a big fan of Mayweathers skill but have to ask what would it have looked like having a prime Sugar Ray Leanard, Pernell Whitaker, or Tommy hearns in the ring fighting cotto? Though Floyd is indeed a great I believe there is a separation between him and some of the ATG. I can't imagine the beating the above mentioned would have administered to a really good fighter in Cotto. Floyd is a great as well but I can't see him in a p4p sense fighting a prime Roberto Duran
      Floyd is not prime and is not a 154 prime fighter , prime Floyd was 135-140 and there he can fight and maybe beat anyone his size in history on any given night , he is a great , you guys are so short sighted , go look at Hearns getting knocked out , or Duran getting knocked out , it just seems like the good old days are the only days , its like the old dudes saying Jack Johnson would beat Ali , I just watched Robinson vs Lamotta on classic fights and they looked ordinary nothing special at all , just tough swingers .

Pernal Whitker would have got beat by Cotto last night at 154 he put in some ordinary nights with small ordinary fighters , 147 was his limit and at 147 Floyd is a better fighter .

Nobody knows where Floyd sits in history , hate and bias on the net is outa control not just around Floyd but in general , its all about my guy is better than yours mentality just fanboys arguing crap , Floyd is underestimated today big time , people , especially youth , think the grass is always greener on the other side , today is the world of rubbish the winners , when ever a great comes along whether man or beast an army of haters will rise up do denouce them .

Floyd is an ATG no doubt about it .

Comment

• Originally posted by r.Gooner View Post
        Mayweather could have easily outbox Cotto. He chose to gave the fans a toe-to-toe fight.
        This is such a horsesh$t argument. Floyd came up with that excuse since he'd been in a rough fight and everyone said he'd walk all over Cotto. You idiots actually believe this?

Give Cotto his due. He fought the best and came up short in a valiant effort, what more do you want?

Comment

• I see you cont. to be a terrible poster.

Comment

I am a big fan of Mayweathers skill but have to ask what would it have looked like having a prime Sugar Ray Leanard, Pernell Whitaker, or Tommy hearns in the ring fighting cotto? Though Floyd is indeed a great I believe there is a separation between him and some of the ATG. I can't imagine the beating the above mentioned would have administered to a really good fighter in Cotto. Floyd is a great as well but I can't see him in a p4p sense fighting a prime Roberto Duran

This is not a prime Floyd.

Tell me how Ray Leonard, Roberto Duran and Tommy Hearns looked at 35.

Comment

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
              Don't watch the boxnation vid, it is a disgrace, 12 rounds of riding Floyd hard.
              Well I already saw HBO's at the theater so just wanted to see boxnation's but mostly just wanted to watch a replacing of any kind. I might can't download right now so wanted YouTube

Comment

• Originally posted by xAUGUSTUSx View Post
                The ref never warned him once but he was holding alot.
                Cotto was the one who wanted to come inside. Floyd is a fantastic - FANTASTIC - inside fighter.

...as Cotto found out from Floyd's upper cuts, defense, and body shots.

Comment

• no way....huge floyd fan but ali went to jail because of not wanting to kill people, floyd goes to jail for beating his wife

also ali fought everyone no matter the risk

P.S dubstep sucks ****

Comment

• Originally posted by xAUGUSTUSx View Post
                    LOL! you're not allowed to hold one arm. You are just wrong plain and simple.
                    Idiot one of greatest holders of all time was Ali lol , its a fight and they do what they need to do to win , Cotto was holding just as much , was hitting low and pushing the head , its a fight and it was good fight and Floyd won clearly , give the man his dues you whiny fanboy .

Comment

• Originally posted by r.Gooner View Post
                      Mayweather could have easily outbox Cotto. He chose to gave the fans a toe-to-toe fight.
                      I'm tired of hearing this comment already. Floyd connected around 29% or less of his shots. Numerically...Floyd had a poor performance while Cotto surprised the hell out of everybody. Now consider the fact that Cotto is damaged goods and that says alot about floyd. I have always believed that floyd has picked subpar opponents to make himself look stellar.

Comment

Working...
                      X