Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS, holding is not a big deal as long as its in the context of the fight and doesnt interrupt the fight. This fight had some of the best in-fighting that you will see in this era. Nearly the whole match was fought that way. Floyd threw alot of punches off the ropes, never ran, and Cotto through a ton of shots. It didnt change anything or stop the flow of the fight in any way
    Last edited by DLT; 05-07-2012, 07:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
      Cotto held just as much. Shut up with the whining.
      Where did I whine you fool? just stating a fact. Cotto never held like Floyd at all. You are also wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by xAUGUSTUSx View Post
        LOL! you're not allowed to hold one arm. You are just wrong plain and simple.
        I think he means with both guys have one arm in the clinch and are punching with the other. Most refs tend to let that go because guys are still throwing and they are both on equal ground. Floyd never had an advantage and if he did, then the ref immediatly would break it up. Great fight

Comment

• An atg would have done exactly what the atg did on Saturday. He would have allowed his opponent to fight at his best weight without bogus stipulation. Entered the ring 1st like the challenger does. Engage in combat. Weather the storm, outlast his opponent & take command of the championship rounds just like the atg did. What's to complain about??

Comment

LOL! you're not allowed to hold one arm. You are just wrong plain and simple.
            so you're saying if 2 fighters clinch and one holds the others arm, and the guy being held is punching with the other arm, they're not allowed to do that?

ok convo over bye bye

Comment

• Originally posted by DLT View Post
              TS, holding is not a big deal as long as its in the context of the fight and doesnt interrupt the fight. This fight had some of the best in-fighting that you will see in this era. Nearly the whole match was fought that way. Floyd threw alot of punches off the ropes, never ran, and Cotto through a ton of shots. It didnt stop or change anything
              Holding is never allowed you fool. Don't make me pull out the rule book. So when someone named Abril does the samething it's cheating but Floyd does it and it's masterclass? You're an idiot.

Comment

• Originally posted by DLT View Post
                I think he means with both guys have one arm in the clinch and are punching with the other. Most refs tend to let that go because guys are still throwing and they are both on equal ground. Floyd never had an advantage and if he did, then the ref immediatly would break it up. Great fight
                The majority of the fight it was just Floyd holding. There was no mutual holding going on.

Comment

• I thought it would be similar to the Gatti fight. However, I misjudged Cotto's strength at this point in his career and overestimated Mayweather's athleticism at this point in his career.

Comment

Holding is never allowed you fool. Don't make me pull out the rule book. So when someone named Abril does the samething it's cheating but Floyd does it and it's masterclass? You're an idiot.
                    ok, youre cool now because you can call a name? Im a man. Respect me as one. I didnt come at you sideways so dont come at me. If you think you are going to have a fight when neither guy holds then you are the fool. The problem is when its massive, given a guy a clear advantage, or disrupting the flow. This didnt. For you to compare this to Abril is foolish.

You talking about Floyd being masterclass? No one even likes Floyd. He's got by far more critics than anyone in this era yet no on complained about his holding, fans or writers. Just you. That should tell you something

Comment

• Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
                      so you're saying if 2 fighters clinch and one holds the others arm, and the guy being held is punching with the other arm, they're not allowed to do that?

ok convo over bye bye
                      What? the guy being held is allowed to punch with his free hand. You can't initiate the hold and then hit with your free hand. I never said what you're claiming so stop trying to twist **** so people think you're right!

Comment

Working...
                      X