Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather chose to fight a different way against Cotto. He could have pot shot and held when Cotto came in, rinse and repeat. He wanted to give the fans a good fight and he did. Mayweather threw over 650 punches when was the last time he did that in a fight? The last couple rounds he still looked fresh, fast and mobile, if he can fight like that in the last couple of rounds after throwing so many more punches than he usually does he would have had no problem doing it earlier.

Comment

• Cotto is at the end of his career tho

& styles make fights

Comment

• Originally posted by ab4life View Post
        I am a big fan of Mayweathers skill but have to ask what would it have looked like having a prime Sugar Ray Leanard, Pernell Whitaker, or Tommy hearns in the ring fighting cotto? Though Floyd is indeed a great I believe there is a separation between him and some of the ATG. I can't imagine the beating the above mentioned would have administered to a really good fighter in Cotto. Floyd is a great as well but I can't see him in a p4p sense fighting a prime Roberto Duran
        Totally agree. For as much as Mayweather was able to outdistance himself from the very excellent Miguel Cotto, for me personally Floyd actually diminished my view of him on Saturday. Something is definitely missing with Floyd.

Comment

• I gave Cotto 4 rounds...3 clearly won by the P-rican. I predicted a Mayweather win by decision as well as Cotto ****ing up May's face. Though I was sad to see Cotto lose I was extremely happy to see May's nose and mouth full of blood.

Lol to all the May d ickriders predicting a May KO/shutout! Cotto made Floyd look beatable!

Comment

• Time has been good to floyd

Comment

• Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
              Well what did these guys do at 35? Pernell lost to Tito, Sugar lost to Norris, Hearns lost to Barkley, Floyd beat Cotto...
              I hear you but i think there is a important difference in each case that comes down to career wear and tear based on level of competition as well as a few other factors.

Pernell) long list of great fighters fought as well as always seeking out toughest possible competition as well as storied ******* addiction. Pernell at the time of his fight with Tito was nowhere near floyd vs cotto in regards to health.

Hearns) same could be said when comparing hearns and the murderous opposition he fought in his career. Nobody on Floyd's resume comes close to the sugar ray leanord Hearns was outboxing till he got knocked out. Keep in mind that the fight against Barkley was above Hearns best weight and we are speaking "primes". I would also say that Hearns biggest weakness (chin) would not have been a big factor against floyd.

Sugar Ray) you and I both know about all the greats Sugar beat as well as realizing the Ray that fought Norris is a shadow of a shadow of Ray.

Mayweather at 35 has fought some really good fighters but nowhere close to the fighters above. He has managed to stay well preserved in a fighting sense and i would say has not lost a step at 35 while the fighters mentioned had lost their legs comparatively at a similar stage. prime for prime though?....i dont see it

Comment

• It depends on what Manny-Bradley does and how that fight plays out, but if this fight sells that well Floyd is going to feel even more empowered that he is dealing from a position of stregth.

He will continue to play hard ball trying to get the most out of the biggest fight in history.

Now if Manny-Bradley just does average for Manny, or something ****** happens in the fight like a clash of heads ends it early, Team Manny could decide to make it work because whatever percent they get will still result in a huge sum. If Manny-Bradley does great and nothing dumb happens things will remain the same and both sides have to make it work.

Comment

• Cotto is much physically stronger than he was at 147 and his stamina has improved. At 147 he was back peddling trying to run down the clock in the last third of fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                    Cotto is much physically stronger than he was at 147 and his stamina has improved. At 147 he was back peddling trying to run down the clock in the last third of fights.
                    cotto at ww did 10x more than he did at sww...

Comment

• Why should I give Pernell and Ray Leonard breaks because they blew their career's up their noses~ thus hurting their longevity. That shit is a huge negative and Floyd should be applauded for treating the game with more respect than those guys did.

Comment

Working...
                      X