No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sincere makes a great point.

Floyd fought Cotto at 154, fought Cotto with 10 oz gloves, and fought Cotto toe to toe more than usual rather than box. Was it really father time or choice?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jcas View Post
      1. Mayweather
      2. Cotto
      3. Cotto
      4. Mayweather
      5. Cotto
      6. Cotto
      7. Mayweather
      8. Cotto
      9. Cotto
      10. Cotto
      11. Mayweather
      12. Mayweather

115-113 Cotto.

Cotto came and showed he can fight the best and win. The judges score cards were ridiculous.
      agreed. Cotto won this fight and everybody knows it. still they hyping Mayweather cause he is the bigger star, american and they wanna see Pac vs Mayweather. it was a disgusting robbery

Comment

• What would an ATG have done Saturday?

I am a big fan of Mayweathers skill but have to ask what would it have looked like having a prime Sugar Ray Leanard, Pernell Whitaker, or Tommy hearns in the ring fighting cotto? Though Floyd is indeed a great I believe there is a separation between him and some of the ATG. I can't imagine the beating the above mentioned would have administered to a really good fighter in Cotto. Floyd is a great as well but I can't see him in a p4p sense fighting a prime Roberto Duran

Comment

• The scores were harsh but they were within reason 2,3,4 rounds is what Cotto won. The fight was more competitive than that scoring which is kind of a flaw in boxing scoring but scored round by round Floyd consistantly did the better work.

A competitve hard fought round counts the same as a clearly won round~ I understand why Cotto would be upset by hearing that though as his hard work seemed to go unrewarded.

Comment

• The fact is that nowadays to beat May/Pac in a round you must clearly win the round..even rounds will always fall to May and Pac..several rounds in this fight that could go either way were all given to May. The only rounds the judges gave Cotto were the ones he clearly won while May gets the nod on all of the close rounds. And fans have now gotten so used to it that they've even started scoring rounds for May and Pac that neither fighter really stands out. Its almost a given that if somebody doesn't clearly beat them in a round that the round will go to them.

Comment

• its almost as if it was a fight between two blown up welterweights.

Comment

• I think this fight kind of puts it in perspective for people. Hearns, Duran, SRL, Halger. They were on a different level than these guys.

Mayweather would have been competitive, but he wouldn't go through those 4 undefeated.

Comment

• If it's true that he knew he loss but he's *****ing because of the scorecards then...

Yet another obvious sign that he does not give a flying fuck about his fans.

Comment

• Mayweather appeared to be bigger... He appeared to be physically as big as De La Hoya and Ortiz when history suggests that they rehydrate above 160.

His stance and physique have him appearing bigger, but it can be deceiving. When they clinched though, Cotto left no doubt he's the stronger fighter.

Comment

• He would have fought Pacquiao.

Comment

Working...
                      X