No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by silentscoper View Post
    Re-watched the 8th round cause I think someone said it was a domination by Cotto. I see the round being for Cotto but I don't think he dominated by any means. Floyd looked uncomfortable but was only caught with jabs really. Slipped a lot of punches.
    Imo cotto didnt clearly win until the last half of the round. But in that last half, floyd was getting caught with some hard hard shots. The ears dont lie.

Comment

• Originally posted by larryx2013 View Post
      just rewatched it 5 times and it was alot closer the 1st time i watched it.now that im not drunk and actually watching it.Floyd dominated and Cotto showed alot of heart but was missing alot of punches and down right getting beat up toward the end
      This is basically how I felt...... Floyd dominated more than I thought he did while I was drunk.

I will say tho, the rounds that Floyd did lose, I thought Cotto did better than what I thought he did in those rounds.

Just a GREAT fight all around.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Yeah I've re-watched it several times.

Mayweather was very sharp for the first 4 rounds, got a little sloppy at times in the mid rounds which isn't like him but then sharpened up for the championship rounds.

He was punching hard and fast throughout though. His reflexes still looked sharp too. Shame he didn't use the pull counter too much though, he only used it twice and it worked aswell. Once in the 3rd and once in the 6th.

Cotto was clearly much stronger than Mayweather in the clinch. I think people were expecting Floyd to be, I thought he might be aswell. But it was definitely Cotto, he was much stronger than Floyd.

I thought it was a great performance and every time I score it I have the same card, 118-110.
        Yeah, Cotto clearly outmuscled him especially in the 9th when he basically full out shoved Floyd into the corner. But I think it had a lot more to do with proper leverage than strength. Cotto has that lowered stance and was usually on the underside of the clinch so he was able to shift Floyd a lot easier. Floyd had to push down and away while Cotto only had to push forward.
        Last edited by silentscoper; 05-06-2012, 10:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
          From Cotto's point of view, he was the aggressor and the busier fighter. He was putting the pressure on Floyd and had him against the ropes for the majority of the fight. Although Floyd landed the cleaner more signifigant shots, all Cotto knows is that he was the one pushing the fight and I can see why Cotto would feel he won. Maybe he has to rewatch the fight before he releases a statement. I had Floyd winning but not by the margin that the judges had it. No way Cotto only won 2 rounds according to one of the judges.
          how was cotto the busier fighter???floyd threw way more punches

Comment

• Originally posted by Uns View Post
            I like to know details on a lot of things. I am not so concerned, but I would like to know where they release it so I can check myself. like to be able to do things myself instead of asking constantly.
            No offense man but isn't this kind of contradictory to what you're doing right now. Lol

Comment

From Cotto's point of view, he was the aggressor and the busier fighter. He was putting the pressure on Floyd and had him against the ropes for the majority of the fight. Although Floyd landed the cleaner more signifigant shots, all Cotto knows is that he was the one pushing the fight and I can see why Cotto would feel he won. Maybe he has to rewatch the fight before he releases a statement. I had Floyd winning but not by the margin that the judges had it. No way Cotto only won 2 rounds according to one of the judges.
              Floyd threw more punches and landed more punches....

How was Cotto the aggressor? I know punchstats don't tell the story of a fight as far as scoring is concerned, but they guy who throws more and lands more at a higher percentage is busier. Fact.

Comment

• Originally posted by larryx2013 View Post
                how was cotto the busier fighter???floyd threw way more punches
                Did u read the part when I wrote "From Cotto's point of view?" Lets also not forget that compubox has shown time and time again that their #'s arent always accurate.

Comment

• i now understand that cotto is not that boxing smart if he actually believes he won no wonder he lost to margarito

Comment

Did u read the part when I wrote "From Cotto's point of view?" Lets also not forget that compubox has shown time and time again that their #'s arent always accurate.
                    Cotto's point of view is wrong. He threw fewer punches and landed fewer punches.

Comment

• Originally posted by Easy-E View Post
                      Cotto's point of view is wrong. He threw fewer punches and landed fewer punches.
                      Well did u also read when I wrote "maybe Cotto has to rewatch the fight before releasing a statement?"

He saw himself as the aggressor and maybe he initially felt he won the fight. I myself am not saying that he won the fight, but I also feel the scorecards were off by about 2-3 rounds.

Comment

Working...
                      X