Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well no he still looked very sharp and fast.....gotta give cotto credit where its due.he is heavy handed and was landing his jab but Floyd still won clearly

Comment

• Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
      I also see that Floyd is a rugged dude. Good chin. Never complains.
      Cotto landed a few low blows and even tried to slam him like he did clottey......lol

Cotto was punching with power and mayweather ate his best shots....Floyd staggered Cotto multiple times throughout the fight

Comment

• Not trying to discredit Cotto in anyway. Just felt like Floyd wasn't at the peak of his sharpness. Not saying he is over the hill haha, just could tell (or at least I think) that life is creeping up on him. All great fights start to lose a step, feel like he is just scratching the surface of that now.

Comment

• I respect Cotto as a person...but this is a bytch move.

Comment

• the best Mayweather was at 140 and below he was under 30 then fighting guys more his size...every athlete declines after that age but he is by no means shot or anything...dude is 35 but his skillset will keep letting him succeed, he never just depended on being a supreme athete

Comment

• Really he does a lot of things that will allow him to age well, his mileage is pretty low for a guy that has that many fights and that many championship fights. Plus he is very crafty and grounded in fundementals. He also lives a rather clean life and he stays in very good shape year around not to mention his insane work in the gym.

That said he can't avoid the ravages Father Time, aslong as he accepts reality about his body he can make it work for a while but nothing lasts forever and his career is already insanely long for a top end boxer.

Comment

• Losing a little respect for cotto for this

Comment

• If it was the margin of defeat he was upset about...i understand. He's a fighter wirh a lot of pride who appears to have put a lot into this fight and had a game plan that was executed very well. It's hard to accept the best you can do is 118-110 after all that hard work you put in

But as far as winning the fight? Nah...theres no blueprint on how to beat Floyd but if he outworks you? Take a seat. You'll never get that decision.

Comment

• i guess we an keep the "miguel cotto has never been beaten without contraversy" saying

Comment

• Originally posted by Islamski-Cotto View Post
                      I have it 120-108 for Cotto. Miguel completely outboxed Mayweather for twelve rounds
                      I advise you seek an optician, URGENTLY. Closer than the judges scorecard but the only round i can safely say Cotto won was eight where he did clearly outbox Mayweather. However Cotto cant take as many shots per round as he did and expect to get the Decision. Floyd was always in control.

Comment

Working...
                      X