Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tim Bradley behavior of HEADBUTTING played a “CONSTANT” role in his PAST 6 victories!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
    I agree 100%

What's funny is people actually try to make it seem like those head-buts changed the course of the fight.

Bradley was clearly up by several rounds and it was to the point to where Alexander needed a KO to win (which we all know wasn't going to happen).

Again Bradley is a warrior, throw back fighter and someone with a lot of heart. What these cowards are doing to him is d@mn near criminal.
    Yeah like now people got me questioning myself, I got alot of Bradley fights on my computer and I don't remember headbutts being that serious.

Comment

I like Bradley. He's a very solid technician with no obvious weaknesses barring the lack of a genuine equalizer. He reminds me a lot of a young Marvin Hagler. That said, at times his head movement borders upon the reckless and I've seen fighters DQd for a lot less than he's been getting away with.

It wouldn't be so bad if he weren't nutting his opponents fight after fight. I mean, one or two fights is the statistical mean. But when it's every bout you run out of excuses completely.

Comment

If Alexander felt Bradley was doing him dirty then it's up to him to make it a street fight. This is boxing; a man's sport, I ain't trying to see good behavior.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadows View Post
          To be fair, he tried to uppercut Bradley a few times, but he missed all of them and his right hook wasn't very good, too much of a slap or too wide. TBH, I just don't think he's good at making adjustments and Cunningham didn't help one bit.

But I agree with your last sentence.

It's kind of funny to think that I watched a fight involving a 19 year old kid fresh out of the amateurs in his third pro fight who knew how to deal with someone coming in with their head, yet the supposed next great thing cannot.
          Bradley did his homework on Devons game-changing punch, his defence for it was impeccable.
          Last edited by RubenSonny; 02-02-2011, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
            If Alexander felt Bradley was doing him dirty then it's up to him to make it a street fight.
            That's ok in theory. But very often it's the person who retaliates that gets punished by the ref. Think of Holyfield and Tyson. I can't condone what Tyson did to Evander's ear, but in his defence he was being butted to phuck all night.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
              Bradley did his homework on Devons gamec-hanging punch, his defence for it was impeccable.
              I've said this before, but Bradley has developed a deceptively good defense. When he's not reckless and free swinging (like against Holt in the first round), he use economical head movement, body movement, uses his gloves to pick off shots, and steps out of range.

I really don't care about Compubox, but it said Alexander landed 129 punches or something close to that. I thought that seemed a little high and whatever Alexander did land, was limited.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadows View Post
                I've said this before, but Bradley has developed a deceptively good defense. When he's not reckless and free swinging (like against Holt in the first round), he use economical head movement, body movement, uses his gloves to pick off shots, and steps out of range.

I really don't care about Compubox, but it said Alexander landed 129 punches or something close to that. I thought that seemed a little high and whatever Alexander did land, was limited.
                His body movement was very good his jab looked pretty improved as well. Alexander only landed a handful of solid shots, what I saw from the fight made me think Bradley has a damn good chance against Khan, though I still favor Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by Mugwump View Post
                  That's ok in theory. But very often it's the person who retaliates that gets punished by the ref. Think of Holyfield and Tyson. I can't condone what Tyson did to Evander's ear, but in his defence he was being butted to phuck all night.

Well Tyson tried to bite his ear a 2nd time, so I don't know if that could be used as an example.

Comment

The difference between Ward/Hopkins and Bradley is that when Ward and Hopkins are in close, they like to dig into their opponents with their head down. They lead sometimes with their heads. I dont really feel like Hopkins/Ward do it on purpose either, but there still really has it happen more often. They tuck in their head.

Bradley comes in a lot more aggresively, while Ward/Hopkins stays in there willing to smother them. Bradley smothers, but not in the same way.

Comment

Its obvious that he does it on purpose. Hes used to it so it doesnt hurt him. Accidental, Southpaw vs orthodox, whatever excuse you wanna make up doesnt hold up because hes dont this in 6 straight fights, multiple times each fight and against southpaw and orthodox.

Hes a below average fighters without headbutts and would get ktfo by Maidana and lose by UD to Khan.

Comment

Working...
                      X