Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Young, Athletic Fighters Struggle With "Intelligent Pressure".

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mesher View Post
    Devon Alexander can't adapt to any style, his win over juan urango is overrated considering urango was never that good to being with
    And urango made it closer then what it should have been. **** he was tagging Devon with that right hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Ko King 212 View Post
      And urango made it closer then what it should have been. **** he was tagging Devon with that right hand.
      devon was wining comfortably though but he was getting tagged with the right like you say

they should have seen the warning signs then trouble is he then knocks Urango out emphatically so you kind of forget there were moments where he looked shaky

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
        Alexander is a great fighter. Bradley just was better. Simple.
        No he isnt can you Alexander fans stop already. He is a solid young fighter who is nothing special and when people like you and Kellerman try to sell him as a future great it makes me laugh and you're doing the kid a disservice because he can never live up to that hype.

Comment

Originally posted by ghost deini View Post
          devon was wining comfortably though but he was getting tagged with the right like you say

they should have seen the warning signs then trouble is he then knocks Urango out emphatically so you kind of forget there were moments where he looked shaky
          Guess you right. But then again they saw it in the kotelnik as well.

He needs a new trainer asap. He need to sit down on his punches.

Comment

Bradley Headbutts threw him off his gameplan and broke his will

Bradley did the same thing to Nate Campbell

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
              Alexander is a great fighter. Bradley just was better. Simple.
              They're both average. Bradley just has a better than average head.

Comment

Alexander is a quitter just like Ortiz.

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
                  Alexander is a quitter just like Ortiz.
                  I don't know what he felt. So I won't be too hard on him.

Comment

The only thing Devon has in common with SRL, PBF, and RJJ is skin color.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
                      I see a lot of people killing Devon Alexander. I was also overall disappointed in the fight because I don't think Dev showed A) a plan or B) a big heart.

But , that being said, I also realize that he is very young, and can come back from this. At least he didn't do an Ortiz (some argue that he did) or a Peterson (DQ via foul).

It seems many of the young, talented, athletic fighters really struggle when a guy applies intelligent pressure to them - and even roughs them up a bit. They have to learn how to fight and counter that style.

Sugar Ray Leonard had a bad night in Montreal when Duran dragged him into the type of fight he wasn't ready for. In a rematch, SRL showed his true level.

Floyd Mayweather had a bad night against a terrific Mexican fighter, JL Castillo. Again, in a rematch, Floyd showed who is the superior fighter.

Roy Jones was frustrated by the Montell Griffin, although Montell applied a different kind of pressure. RJJ's frustration led him to being DQ'd.
                      In the rematch, he put any doubts to rest.

There are many other examples.

Devon needs to get an elite trainer. He basically had the same problem with Kotelnik as he had with Bradley. And if you go back and watch the Urango fight, Dev wasn't exactly distancing himself before he landed those beautiful uppercuts.
                      I disagree that Alexander needs to get a new trainer. Alexander needs to learn to LISTEN to his current trainer. The guy doesn't listen to the instructions that Kevin Cunningham gives him.

Alexander acts like he's SLOW or something. I don't think any trainer can help Devon Alexander right now. He doesn't know how to listen.

Comment

Working...
                      X