No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bradley: "If You're a Warrior, You Fight To The End!"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LDB15 View Post
    bradley headbutts - a lot - no one knows whether they are intentional, but probably not.

bradley was winning the fight regardless of the headbutt but it may have had a different outcome if the headbutts never occured. It was because of both fighters that there were headbutts, bradley got cut aswell.

HBO commentators were really annoying me once again, they kept saying it was his right eye that was burning, when it was clearly his left.

Why did alexander only throw 2 uppercuts (all i saw), it is one of his best punches and he could of caught bradley as he was coming in.
    You can't say that because the first nasty headbutt that gave Alexander that cut was in the beginning rounds. If that cut wasn't there, we don't know how the fight would have played out, because even with the cut and all the headbutts suffered by Devon, the fight was close. The scores were really wide for no reason. The fight was really close and the judge who had it 95-96 for Bradley was the closest one to having a good scorecard. I personally had it a Draw.

Comment

• Originally posted by Horus View Post
      If you are a warrior you stop headbutting people.
      6 opponents in a row.
      3 headbutts a fight.
      thats 18 headbutts in the past 6 fights on average.

He headbutted Alexander 4 times!

This **** needs to stop!
      i agree with a lot of stuff you post and the like, but as far as bradley and the headbutts, i have to disagree a bit, in regards to i don't think they're on purpose, because from all the fights i've seen of bradley he's not spearing people or throwing his head around from side to side, lifting up from being bent over and using a headbutt that way, i haven't seen it.

what i have seen is that bradley steps into his opponents wheel house and throws, and all the headbutts that i've seen happen during exchanges or in pursuing his opponents.

in this fight you have a southpaw vs orthodox, so it's a battle in there to avoid headbutts and stepping on feet.

everyone comes to box or try to outbox bradley and bradley comes to fight, and being a aggressive pressure fighter, that takes boxers out of their game and they end up fighting bradley on bradley's terms.

where most fighters want to keep distance, bradley is constantly trying to close the distance, making headbutts highly probable during exchanges being that close, because at that point both guys are at that moment, going to meet, either in a clinch, headbutt, or standing and trading.

i don't think bradley is a dirty fighter who headbutts on purpose because, it happens during two way action, from what i have seen.

it is annoying a bit, but to me it says no one has figured out bradleys style so any kind of foul or discrepancy, everyone cries foul and gets all up in arms about it.

if fighters meet bradley in the ring instead of having him pursue them, lunging in, rushing in, and pushing the issue, i think they would avoid the headbutts a bit. and if someone was able to push bradley backwards during their fight then they wouldn't get any headbutts or would at least minimize them.

so until someone starts pushing bradley backwards and walking him down, that is the only chance to reduce any chance of the headbutts. they are going to happen, like i said, especially if bradley gets to stalk his opponents and walk them down......
      Last edited by deuce_drop; 01-31-2011, 05:51 PM.

Comment

• I agree with Horus.

It shouldn't be the victims problem to try and stop a headbutter from headbutting them. That just ruins the gameplan of the other fighter and is unfair.

And Kev made a great point in that Alexander has been headbutted 0 times in his last 5 fights.

Coincidence? I think not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tha Executioner View Post
          I agree with Horus.

It shouldn't be the victims problem to try and stop a headbutter from headbutting them. That just ruins the gameplan of the other fighter and is unfair.

And Kev made a great point in that Alexander has been headbutted 0 times in his last 5 fights.

Coincidence? I think not.
          i'd say it's the style that determines that, because alexander is a pure boxer who uses distance, jab, and boxes from the outside, mostly keep all his fights at the end of his jab if he can.

where as bradley steps right into your house and fires away. he makes sure that he's as close as possible to throw before he lets his hands go, so with that, and both guys throwing or even just bradley throwing, the weight transfer with his opponent, either standing, throwing, or backing up, risks getting hit when bradley throws a big punch or combo.

if it were headbutts alone, i would call shenanigans, but they all happen in the middle of action and trades, not just him lunging in with a flying forehead.

alexander wasn't a saint in this fight neither, but i don't think any fouls were really the issue.

both guys came to fight, bradely had the fight go his way, in more than one way, he fought where he wanted to fight, and walked alexander down. alexander's best moments were his footwork but he couldn't keep it up, or just didn't keep it up, not sure why, but both guys fought, one guy wasn't going to be denied.

bottom line, bradley gets close, really close to throw punches, alexander fights from a distance and prefers to fight on the outside, so that would be where the coincidence comes in, outside fighting=minimal headbutts, inside fighting and pressure fighting=highly probable headbutts............
          Last edited by deuce_drop; 01-31-2011, 06:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Medved View Post
            Oh look its the 2 Black Trolls in Horus and Ceilings hating on one of their own. Where were you cry babies when Andre Ward fighting dirty or when Kotelnik got robbed vs Devon? Na, you only support young black fighters because you ignorent.

Why you even support Devon? He has no power and no heart. How is he gonna win a fight if he shadowboxes and connects on 20% of his punches?

Never thought I'd see the day where the biggest black nuthuggers were hating on their own, lol.

Now you see why they cant sell a ticket no matter who fights its because THEY AINT GOT NO HEART AND NO CHARISMA!

Atleast I give Bradley props for trying to make it a fight instead of running around like a heffer all night crying, look at Devon the Ninja Turtle, runs all night and tries to clinch and he was responsible for the head butts and when he does get hit in the head he complains about the OTHER EYE that wasnt even hit. Dude QUIT. HE IS A SCRUB!

The state of young american black boxers is pretty SAD.

They are all hype jobs who cant sell 3000 tickets to save their own life and have no heart.

Im the biggest Floyd hater but atleast he has a personality and boxing talent.

Berto
            Devon
            Dawson
            Direll

All these guys couldnt complete a sentance if they were given a dictionary and their charisma is 0, and people wonder why they gotta travel and why nobody shows them love.

But Keep hating on one of your own Horus and No Ceilings and keep trolling for the black fighter maybe one year there will be a talented young black fighter who has a heart and could speak without needing subtitles.
            . no racist.

Comment

• Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
              Nobody twisted your words. YOU stated each of the headbutts Bradley landed on those 6 fighters caused a negative effect on each opponent. You made it clear that Bradley "Constantly" does this.

I then asked you if you believed those head butts caused for each of those fighters to lose? You never gave me a straight answer.

Also, provide proof Bradley's headbutts are intentional since you love FACTS
              He can't because Horus is a top-notch moron who spouts illogical nonsense..

Comment

• Headbutts or not devin wasn't going to win that fight. I don't give a **** what Horus or burner say.

Why dont we talk about Alexander and all that f-ckin holding.

Comment

• Originally posted by Horus View Post
                  I know that Bradley vs his last 6 opponents styles have lead to all of them being headbutted.

Bradley style vs. All Styles is made for Headbutts

Alexander: SouthPaw ( Headbutted)
                  Abregu: Orthodox ( Headbutted)
                  Peterson: Orthodox ( Headbutted)
                  Campbell: Orthodox ( Headbutted)
                  Holt: Orthodox ( Headbutted)
                  Cherry: Orthodox ( Headbutted)

So what I want to know is what styles is vs bradley will not lead into bradley giving them a headbutt?
                  The only fight I have seen on your list was the Alexander fight and I am not a fan of either fighter but I will say I never saw an intentional head butt during the fight.

Comment

Working...
                  X