Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joan Guzman: A Promising Career Crippled By Demons

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guzman will be in line for Mayweather's return at 154. Probably will be foe a vacant title.

Comment

Originally posted by el20cuatro View Post
      You mean literally holding and running for his dear life for most of the championship rounds against Soto!!
      He ran from round 6 to round 12.

That whole myth of a "schooling" was just that. A myth.

Soto got jobbed in that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by The Hope Pope View Post
        He ran from round 6 to round 12.

That whole myth of a "schooling" was just that. A myth.

Soto got jobbed in that fight.
        Thats the way I saw the fight but apparently some people like that style of fighters!!Im glad he is gone, He had great talent against lesser opposition but when he fought good fighters he got on his BICYCLE WAY TOO MUCH!!!

Comment

guzman is a chump.......................

Comment

Hey That was just my opinion, eveyone appreciates fights differently!! That was my outlook on that fight, Guzman won easily but got on his bicycle way too much for my liking, If you like that about fighters I respect that!! Oh and It is el20cuatro or just plain 24!!
            I think someone posted the punch stats and he actually was out throwing and outlanding soto in the final rounds regardless.

He could have tried to be even more entertaining at the end, sure I would agree there.

Comment

I remember when a lot of people thought he was going to move up and fight pacman and beat him. I feel bad for him, he had a lot of opportunities and screwed them up. He was hella talented. Now I can't stand the sight of him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNXDe00MXMo

He was bad dude in those lower weight classes, had it all.

Comment

**** guzman. he's not hungry enough and too hungry at the same time

Comment

I am still a fan though I am disappointed in him, still think he has the skill awkwardness and ability to trouble anyone around his weight class(whatever that may be)

Comment

Thats the way I saw the fight but apparently some people like that style of fighters!!Im glad he is gone, He had great talent against lesser opposition but when he fought good fighters he got on his BICYCLE WAY TOO MUCH!!!
                    I agree that Guzman probably won, but it was more like a 7-5 score.

I could even argue a draw because Guzman ran so much that even though he outlanded Soto in some of those rounds, he didn't throw that many punches to begin with and really ran away like a woman.

A rematch was in order but Guzman was probably too much of a bitch to take it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Hope Pope View Post
                      I agree that Guzman probably won, but it was more like a 7-5 score.

I could even argue a draw because Guzman ran so much that even though he outlanded Soto in some of those rounds, he didn't throw that many punches to begin with and really ran away like a woman.

A rematch was in order but Guzman was probably too much of a bitch to take it.
                      Joan did what he wanted with the 1 dimensional Soto, he fought enough early to bank rounds, knew it, and ran towards the stretch because he felt that he would safely get the nod.

116-112 Guzman.

Comment

Working...
                      X