Collapse
No announcement yet.

Awesome Piece on HBO losing Pacquiao to Showtime by Hauser

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hauser and Greenburg have personal beef so I would not really take that part to seriously, Hauser wants to make Greenburg look bad and get fired. Pretty much been his mission since Greenburg got mad at his people for leaking all HBO's issues to Hauser, as far as I can tell anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by RSBonos View Post
      Yes, 100%. But his articles are always full of interesting insight.

Hauser is a huge hypocrite. He bashes HBO for non-competitive match-ups but then goes on to bash Alexander-Bradley. It's also full of the usual whining from boxing promoters who have conveniently forgotten that HBO has subsidized their business. They manage to somehow get a few quotes from that woman Malinaggi lol.

But it's worth reading. Here is hoping that this deal will help push promoters to actually promote the sport again and for all the hate that Arum gets he is one of the very few who can do this.
      Yea I read it, it is tough to take him very seriously even if he has some points and some accurate info.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
        Before I even start reading is it the same song and dance he always does?
        Tell the truth and point out exactly why boxing is dying?

Yeah.
        Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
        i doint understand why ppl think that dealing with the networks is the way to fix boxing. for the life of me, i dont uderstand why it isnt clear that the nextworks are only a minor issue in a growing problem. boxing has so much wrong with it, and most of that has nothing to do with hbo or showtime.
        It has everything to do with HBO.

They're the ones that have destroyed the sport by overpaying and bidding against themselves when they don't have to.

Comment

Originally posted by DemseyRollin who doesn't know how to use the quote feature
          have u seen those programs??? im guessing u havent, they are ****.
          I was responding to your wrong FCC claim, not production values.

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
          ohhhh two extra fight cards??? nice! smh...was that supposed to be a joke? lmao. espn is the biggest sports broadcaster in the nation and its boxing division consists of one fatass. ill say it again, espn does not care about boxing. they may latch on when boxing becomes more popular, but do u see a boxing ticker at the bottom of espn's screen when guys tim bradley are fighting???
          If they didn't care about boxing at all they would drop it. They have increased their budget for it on TV and are adding foreign fights to ESPN3.com. There is a market for this stuff and ESPN is good at making money.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Malone View Post
            I was responding to your wrong FCC claim, not production values.

If they didn't care about boxing at all they would drop it. They have increased their budget for it on TV and are adding foreign fights to ESPN3.com. There is a market for this stuff and ESPN is good at making money.
            espn is good at making money, true. but espn is not that good at sports that arent football/tennis/baseball. their basketball sucks and everything else the do just isnt that great. like i said espn puts less than half the effort into boxing as hbo.

and as far as the the network stuff. yea, they take a chance on it, show it when it doesnt perform good because of the ****ty production, they cancel it. and cbs does take chances on this stuff. but it is the only network that does and even it is very weary with these programs, as it's contracts are usually very small and contained.

Comment

Just ignore that dude (DempseyRollin), it goes against his 'boxing ez dying' mantra. We can't possibly have any positive news in boxing.

CBS also seemed to have dropped MMA, maybe Top Rank can convince them to do a few cards a year, though it will be a lot more difficult with the ridiculous boxing purses.

Comment

Originally posted by RSBonos View Post
                Just ignore that dude (DempseyRollin), it goes against his 'boxing ez dying' mantra. We can't possibly have any positive news in boxing.

CBS also seemed to have dropped MMA, maybe Top Rank can convince them to do a few cards a year, though it will be a lot more difficult with the ridiculous boxing purses.
                They really aren't ridiculous though excluding the big fights. I wish Top Rank could put together a few $200-300k cards (basically like the Top Rank PPVs) that CBS would buy...

Comment

Originally posted by The Hope Pope View Post
                  Tell the truth and point out exactly why boxing is dying?

Yeah.
                  Don't hate the player hate the game~ HBO plays the game.

HBO is certainly not a main cause of boxing's demise.

Comment

This is a pretty damn good deal:
                    ultimately promised were 1) advertising spots and live cutaways during the NCAA men’s basketball championship tournament and other CBS Sports programming in April and the first week of May, 2) a four-part countdown series, with either the first or last episode airing on CBS in prime time on a Saturday night, 3) appearances for pay-per-view undercard fighters (such as Christy Martin) on CBS talk shows 4) a May 1st 60 Minutes segment following up on the Pacquiao feature that aired last March, and 5) hosting the CBS Morning Show in Las Vegas on Monday through Friday of fight we
                    ek.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                      Don't hate the player hate the game~ HBO plays the game.

HBO is certainly not a main cause of boxing's demise.
                      Please list the top 3 main causes. (I'm just curious what your thoughts are)

Comment

Working...
                      X