Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Juan Manuel Marquez: We Want Erik Morales Fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
    jmm destroys morales
    I don't really want to buy that fight, but Morales deserves the payday.

Comment

Originally posted by SluggerFan View Post
      Well, when JMM can't draw flies to his war with Katsidis which had must-see TV written all over it, he can't turn around and ask for a career high payday (double what he got for Mayweather) and expect to get it. Numbers don't lie, when JMM fought Katsidis, the arena was over half empty. Hard to make a case to demand double your biggest payday when you can't draw flies to ****...
      oh but mosley can?Marquez fought on thanksgiving weekend,Nobody gonna
      travel to a fight when there spending time with there family.

Comment

if this fight were to be done at the LA staples center it would sell alot of tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by Einstien View Post
          let the two old farts do it!

Morales>>>>pr fighters

Comment

I just don't see what's out there for JMM after this fight if he aint gonna move up. All the top fighters that JMM hasn't fought at 135 are with Top Rank. So that's all he can do is move up or else retire and Nacho doesn't want him to move up to at least 140? I just don't get it at all. Horrible manager if there ever was one.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
              I just don't see what's out there for JMM after this fight if he aint gonna move up. All the top fighters that JMM hasn't fought at 135 are with Top Rank. So that's all he can do is move up or else retire and Nacho doesn't want him to move up to at least 140? I just don't get it at all. Horrible manager if there ever was one.
              they are going to aim for a 4th title before he retires, its already been said plenty of times.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
                oh but mosley can?Marquez fought on thanksgiving weekend,Nobody gonna
                travel to a fight when there spending time with there family.
                I don't want to see the Mosley vs. Pacquaio fight either but now that CBS will be running the 24/7 type show, this fight is gonna be huge. Regardless of how bad Mosley looked in his last two fights, people still know him as the guy who beat ODLH twice. And you know Arum is going to exploit the second round of his fight with Mayweather when he rocked him which will build interest to the casual fan. The die hard fans are not what make successful PPVs, it's the casual fan and with this fight plastered all over CBS with Manny's Nike commercials and everything, it's going to be big. JMM doesn't have that kind of appeal to the casual fans. Guys like us know he's a bad man but all the casual guy knows is Mayweather shut this guy out, he won't be a challenge, whether they are wrong or not...

Comment

I agree, Nacho may be a good trainer but he is a horrible manager. Anyone who turns down 3/4 million and goes to Indonesia for $30K and then loses, doesn't have his head on straight. If he wouldn't have asked for a ridiculous amount to fight Pacquaio, we may have got JMM vs. Pacquaio III, but as we all know, we are stuck with Mosley...

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtli02 View Post
                    they are going to aim for a 4th title before he retires, its already been said plenty of times.
                    I'm gonna have to go back and read the story again maybe, but I thought I heard Nacho say that JMM wasn't giving up a weight advantage for anybody. Now whether he is implying that to be temporarily or indefinitely remains to be seen to me I suppose.

Comment

I'm gonna have to go back and read the story again maybe, but I thought I heard Nacho say that JMM wasn't giving up a weight advantage for anybody. Now whether he is implying that to be temporarily or indefinitely remains to be seen to me I suppose.
                      JMM hasn't stacked enough chips to retire though

Comment

Working...
                      X