Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breaking news: Klitschko-Adamek appears to be on!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking news: Klitschko-Adamek appears to be on!

From the Ring website:

http://www.ringtv.com/blog/2706/brea...rs_to_be_a_go/

The heavyweight fight between Wladimir Klitschko and Tomasz Adamek appears to be on.

Adamek’s promoter, Kathy Duva, said Friday morning that her fighter and Klitschko “seem to have ironed out our differences” for one of the best-possible heavyweight matchups in September.

“I think we’re there,” she said as she was reviewing what she called the final draft of a contract. “We still have cross our T's and dot our I's, though.”

Thus, Adamek will not fight Sam Peter in a title-elimination bout, as had been discussed.

Instead, he’ll take a less-challenging tune-up bout in April. One possibility reported by numerous sources is 38-year-old former heavyweight champion Hasim Rahman, who was 4-0 last year against journeymen after returning from more than a year away from boxing.

Klitschko, who holds two heavyweight belts, is scheduled to face the undefeated up-and-comer Dereck Chisora on April 30.
    Good to see Adamek, unlike David Haye, didn't throw a fit and bitch out because Wlad is fighting Chisora in April.

Wlad should beat him comfortably, I haven't been all that impressed with Adamek as a Heavyweight, and he hasn't shown to me that he can beat Wladamir or even cause him any major trouble for that matter.

Haye vs Klitschko was a much greater Heavyweight bout, and Haye had a better shot at beating Wladamir.

Comment

Adamek beats Wlad for the title and then fights roy Just for a fill in fight to make a bit of money and get the last bit off of roys name, then in a rollback for the ages Roy shows up in incredible form... Looks light on his feet, letting his punches go, adamek cant seem to keep up with roy at this point, hes looking like hes stuck in cement, adamek clearly holds the power but just cant seem to catch up to roy, this is incredible roy was a 12-1 underdog can you belie..................sdkjdslijvjvv.....,,lsv

Damn .... I blacked out, what might be on?

Comment

Tomasz Adamek. The balls of that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Bag View Post
          Wlad should beat him comfortably, I haven't been all that impressed with Adamek as a Heavyweight, and he hasn't shown to me that he can beat Wladamir or cause him any major trouble.

Haye vs Klitschko was a much greater Heavyweight bout, and Haye had a better shot at beating Wladamir.
          Unfortunately, Haye reacted like a jealous woman when he heard Wlad was going to fight Chisora in April. And Wlad knows Adamek is a man who won't bitch out a week or so before the fight like Haye did in June 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
            Adamek beats Wlad for the title and then fights roy Just for a fill in fight to make a bit of money and get the last bit off of roys name, then in a rollback for the ages Roy shows up in incredible form... Looks light on his feet, letting his punches go, adamek cant seem to keep up with roy at this point, hes looking like hes stuck in cement, adamek clearly holds the power but just cant seem to catch up to roy, this is incredible roy was a 12-1 underdog can you belie..................sdkjdslijvjvv.....,,lsv

Damn .... I blacked out, what might be on?
            Sometimes I think you ARE Roy Jones posting here, Reed.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthpawSwagger View Post
              co fukn sign. he's walking into probably the single worst possible matchup for him with a giant, and he started at lhw.

iwould LOOOOOOOOOOOVEEEEE to see adamek fight haye first, but this'll do.

adamek can still make dough in jerz even if he loses.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthpawSwagger View Post
                Adamek is a real live dog imo. People don't give him the respect he deserves.

Combine that with Wlad's china chin and we got a live fight.

Comment

im glad,its a good fight.lets hope wlad gets past the tough durable and very experienced chisora who has a great amatuer pedigree and is well known/ popular in several countries. boy,we all demanded that fight didnt we!.

but i expect wlad to win quite easily v adamek.

he is facing a more skilled and ellusive boxer than he normally does.which will make him look less calm and in control.he wont land quite as many jabs and rights early on,he will look awkard and less co-ordinated.

however,i dont think that adamek has any real power,and i dont think he can take big heavyweight punches off decent heavyweights.hes nowhere near as fast,powerful,strong or explosive as haye is.

if arreola could wobble his fat ass across the ring and catch adamek clean with heavy punches,then wlad sure as hell can.

wlad gets outboxed by a hit and run adamek for few rounds,wlad gets sharper,adamek gets tired,wlad wins by tko.

looks like haye has either his mandatory(boystov or povetkin) which is ok if he backs off his b.s retirement crap,and fights vitali in summertime.

or hopefully not have a mandatory to fight,and the real men vitali and haye can sign for july 2nd without any problems.being that vitali fights a lot earlier than wlad this time round,and vitali doesnt pull out of fights 2 days before and report 2 different injuries and recovery dates from his 2 different managers,then get spotted playing golf on holiday.

(just add a good opponent on the undercard as backup in case one drops out,and if one drops out and fights another fight,they must pay a big part of thier next fight purse to the one they ducked)

Comment

Originally posted by -Tunney- View Post
                    Sometimes I think you ARE Roy Jones posting here, Reed.
                    I dont even know what youre talkin about.

Someone edited my post.

****in mods

Comment

Working...
                    X