No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez's Trainer Rips Manny Pacquiao, Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SluggerFan View Post
    Dude, you totally missed my point. Were the Corrales, Cotto and Margarito fights against Clottey exciting? Yes, they were entertaining bouts. I never said he always won nor did I say he put on better performances than Mayweather and JLC. What I said was he had one bad performance against Pacquiao and you labeled him a punching bag. Very rarely does a punching bag have a record of 35 wins with 4 losses. In that fight, Pacquiao made him a punching bag but you can't take one fight and base his whole career off it. If so, Martinez looked like **** when he first fought Margarito so he must be trash, right?
    This is yet another ignorant, borderline dishonest, post.

How could you miss the point so badly ?

Clottey is a classic under-achiever, the question was NEVER about whether his fights were "exciting".

FACT: Josh " the punching bag " Clottey, was an absolute joke in that fight, and his excuses were simply bizarre.

I will list his bizarre excuses again, because you are a Manny fan, so it may not have occured to you that even though Clottey could hit and hurt his opponent at will, he simply chose not to.

1.) " I don't know how to explain..... "
    2.) " I really don't understand what happened to me in that fight..... "
    3.) " I just think it was one of those things..... "
    4.) " I don't know what happened..... "
    5.) " I knew I could hurt him when I threw my power shots..... "
    6.) " I didn't feel like his punches really hurt me..... "
    7.) " I felt OK after..... "
    8.) " there are so many reasons the fight happened the way it did..... "

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=28918

And your comment about Martinez.....
    " Martinez looked like **** when he first fought Margarito so he must be trash, right? "
    ..... is ignorant dishonest dribble, and you know it.

You do know that Sergio had no amateur background, right ?

You don't compare one fight 10 years ago, when the guy had just started boxing, to try to backup your point about Clottey, I mean how ridiculous.

Slugger, I will never appreciate your point of view, because I think that unskilled slugger's are largely inept. They exist to make talented fighters look good

I find it funny that you rank Clottey so highly, it shows me where you're at

Sure guy, Mayweather deserves huge credit for beating Gatti, because Gatti was "exciting"

The bottom line.....
    Clottey's performance, and bizarre excuses, leave a huge * hanging over that fight, so NO, even though Manny performed superbly - as usual - he does not get any credit for that win.....
    AND NOR DOES ANYONE ELSE WHO BEATS UP AN OPPONENT WHO CHOOSES NOT TO FIGHT BACK !!!

Jeez dude, the Clottey fight? Really? Is that all you got? Fuk me, that is really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Comment

• Originally posted by puga View Post
      the 3 good wins i was talking include cintron dumb dumb... and he was'nt robbed in the first fight with pwill, it was close and he gave away the late rounds, paul deserved the win.....pavlik was a good win also....but margo spanks him again....
      Try to understand this......

This comment..... " margo spanks him again ".....

has made you a laughing stock

Comment

Working...
      X