No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach: I Wanted a Marquez Trilogy, Not Shane Mosley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hitking View Post
    No matter what excuses are given, and no matter where blame is shifted, Pacquaio is fighting a third consecutive tune-up fight. Woulda, coulda, shoulda are no longer relevant. Its time for everyone to simple accept that he's fighting Mosley, and do whatever they deem necessary with that reality. If you think its a fight worthy of your $60, order it and I hope you enjoy it. If not, don't order it. Ultimately, that's the biggest statement you can make about how you feel about the fight.
    If we all had this mentality there would be no point for a forum now right?

Comment

I think their respective fights with Hatton are a perfect example of what you're talking about. Mayweather dominated Hatton just as much as Pac did, he just did it in his own way. Mayweather's style is to sit back and let you beat yourself, no matter how outgunned you are. Pac's style is to beat you, and if you're outgunned, he's gonna finish you.
      wifebeater beat hatton at his own game, but he wasn't dominating hatton.

pac beat hatton from post to pillar.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
        lols... you got a problem with consistancy?

the weight issues results in the money issues. the fact that jmm has yet to prove he can carry the weight above 135 lbs means jmm is not a credible threat to pac and therefore the money won't be there. roach wants jmm just so they can shut his ass up.

mosley at least is a 147 lbser, but I prefer berto over mosley.
        Not in his last fight he wasn't. This fight blows and it should have been for the 154 lb. crown

Comment

No matter what excuses are given, and no matter where blame is shifted, Pacquaio is fighting a third consecutive tune-up fight. Woulda, coulda, shoulda are no longer relevant. Its time for everyone to simple accept that he's fighting Mosley, and do whatever they deem necessary with that reality. If you think its a fight worthy of your $60, order it and I hope you enjoy it. If not, don't order it. Ultimately, that's the biggest statement you can make about how you feel about the fight.

Pac also beat Hatton what two years later? After Hatton even said he took the beating of his life..and if that wasn't dominating then Oscar never liked heels.

The References like "Pac-tards" and "Wifebeater" are so clever, you guys here are so witty.

Comment

Originally posted by reeflegend View Post
            If we all had this mentality there would be no point for a forum now right?
            What other mentality is there to have. Manny Pacquaio is fighting a third consecutive opponent that is basically coming off a loss. Clottey was coming off a loss to a guy Pac had just KO'd. Margarito was coming off a KO loss to Mosley. And now Mosley is coming off a draw with Sergio friggin Mora. If you deem that acceptable for the so-called P4P King, fine. That's your opinion and voice it by ordering the fight. If you're like myself and see it as a disgrace, don't order it. Who Roach so-called wanted him to fight is irrelevant. The excuses as to why Pac won't fight an elite fighter are irrelevant.

Comment

I call hardly being touched and landing at will dominating. Whatever adjective you see fit is on you.

Comment

Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
                Roach and Pac did duck Mosley after the Margarito win.
                yeah after pac beat DLH after his FIRST fight at 140 and above.....cmon now man...the hate is clear....

Comment

yeah right freddie lad, you never mentioned jmm as a viable opponent

Comment

What other mentality is there to have. Manny Pacquaio is fighting a third consecutive opponent that is basically coming off a loss. Clottey was coming off a loss to a guy Pac had just KO'd. Margarito was coming off a KO loss to Mosley. And now Mosley is coming off a draw with Sergio friggin Mora. If you deem that acceptable for the so-called P4P King, fine. That's your opinion and voice it by ordering the fight. If you're like myself and see it as a disgrace, don't order it. Who Roach so-called wanted him to fight is irrelevant. The excuses as to why Pac won't fight an elite fighter are irrelevant.
                    The last time I checked Margarito won a UD against Roberto Garcia before he fought Pac. The lost to Mosley was two fights before Pac.

Comment

Originally posted by reeflegend View Post
                      Pac also beat Hatton what two years later? After Hatton even said he took the beating of his life..and if that wasn't dominating then Oscar never liked heels.

The References like "Pac-tards" and "Wifebeater" are so clever, you guys here are so witty.
                      I view Pac's win over Hatton very similar to Mayweather's win over Genaro Hernandez. Hatton had moved up in weight and was KO'd by an elite fighter in Mayweather. But, he reestablished himself at 140, where he was lineal champ before being crushed by Pac. Likewise, Hernandez moved up and was KO'd b an elite fighter in DLH. He reestablished himself at 130, where he was lineal champ, before being stopped by Mayweather. Its up to the individual on which perfomance they feel was more impressive. Was DLH's win over Hernandez better than Mayweather's before it came first. Was Mayweather's win over Hatton better because it came first? Or, was Mayweather's win over Hernandez better because it came in the division where Hernandez was king? Likewise, was Pac's win over Hatton better because it came in the division where Hatton was king?

Comment

Working...
                      X