Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao-Mosley a lose-lose situation for Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Considering how much the media jerked this dude off affter the margarito fight, i wouldn't say it is a lose lose. He is going to win this fight. Shane Mosely doesn't have a prayer. For Pacman its a low risk - decent reward fight in the sense that it will give him a "name" on his resume.

The next day's headline:

OMG THE HUMBLE CONGRESSMAN MANNY PACQUIAO DEMOLISHES HALL OF FAMER MOSELY (who was 40 years old and hadn't wona fight in two years)

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
      I'm one who believes Pacquiao vs Mosley will sell less than Mayweather vs Mosley, but is that going to prevent people from purchasing another Pacquiao PPV after the Mosley fight? Of course not...

Consistency is key. As long as Pacquiao continues to fight and Mayweather doesn't, Pacquiao will technically be generating more PPV buys and would be receiving more notoriety.
      I'm pretty sure pac is crushing on the ppv's per year vs floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
        I'm one who believes Pacquiao vs Mosley will sell less than Mayweather vs Mosley, but is that going to prevent people from purchasing another Pacquiao PPV after the Mosley fight? Of course not...

Consistency is key. As long as Pacquiao continues to fight and Mayweather doesn't, Pacquiao will technically be generating more PPV buys and would be receiving more notoriety.
        Consistency means nothing if you are fighting left over’s and old men or even worse a combination of a left over and an old man. History will not look back favourably on someone who consistently makes these kinds of fights. We all know that team Pac didn’t want any of Mosley until they where 100% sure he was a shot fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by MCCCXXXIII View Post
          Consistency means nothing if you are fighting left over’s and old men or even worse a combination of a left over and an old man. History will not look back favourably on someone who consistently makes these kinds of fights. We all know that team Pac didn’t want any of Mosley until they where 100% sure he was a shot fighter.
          But what constitutes that person being old or left over? Because they lost to someone prior? When the best all fight one another, one guy's gotta lose.

How many people criticized Hagler for fighting Hearns after he was KO'd by Leonard (at WW for that matter)? How many people criticized Hearns for fighting Duran after Leonard made Duran QUIT? Hell, who even talks down about Leonard over the Lalonde fight?

Matter of fact, didn't Mayweather fight Zab Judah coming off an embarrassing loss??? In the big scheme of things, how much did that REALLY hurt Floyd's career?

Comment

Working...
          X