Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao-Mosley a lose-lose situation for Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
    If Pacquiao beats him, people will say that they expected nothing less after Floyd's domination of Mosley.

If Pacquiao loses, people won't consider Pacquiao a serious threat to Floyd anymore after Floyd dominated the guy Pacquiao lost from.

There is absolutely nothing to gain for Pacquiao here. Pacquiao would make the same amount of money if he fought JMM or Berto.

anytime you make 15-20 million for one nights work is a win win in my book, but since you are a ****sexual chapati you would think otherwise.

Comment

When you make 20 million you win buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomislav III View Post
        In the states, nobody other than Pacquiao is a "household name." Mosley will be recognizable for casual fans, but not extremely recognizable.
        I don't know if you ever been to the east coast, but PAC isn't as known as you think he is over here.

You're probably right, people don't talk about Mayweather or Mosley, Mosley's name is known in every corner of this country.

Comment

Originally posted by Subtraction View Post
          Mosley has never qualified as a "slick" fighter nor does he now that he's a dinosaur.
          I didn't mention slick...I said AA.

Comment

Originally posted by oj simpson View Post
            anytime you make 15-20 million for one nights work is a win win in my book, but since you are a ****sexual chapati you would think otherwise.
            , that was actually funny.

Comment

, that was actually funny.
              chapati>>>nan

anybody who thinks otherwise,

is gonna get cut.

Comment

Originally posted by MCCCXXXIII View Post
                I disagree with this entirely Pac as far as I can see hast got much credit from beating a weight drained shot version of Margarito and rightly so.

Neither will he get credit for beating a 40 year old who hasn’t won a fight in over two years.

I also think your very much overrating Pac’s star status.
                I'm not overrating anything. I'm not even Pac's biggest supporter, but he's without question the figurehead of the sport and he's gotten his share of notoriety and publicity. Being on the cover of Time Magazine doesn't come by being a mediocre figure.

Am I overly excited about the Mosley fight? Not necessarily, but people are still going to watch this fight, even the people who are frontin like they're going to "boycott" the fight (lol...just like the Margarito fight).

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
                  I'm not overrating anything. I'm not even Pac's biggest supporter, but he's without question the figurehead of the sport and he's gotten his share of notoriety and publicity. Being on the cover of Time Magazine doesn't come by being a mediocre figure.

Am I overly excited about the Mosley fight? Not necessarily, but people are still going to watch this fight, even the people who are frontin like they're going to "boycott" the fight (lol...just like the Margarito fight).
                  lets see how the numbers compare to Floyd vs Mosley.

Comment

If Pacquiao beats him, people will say that they expected nothing less after Floyd's domination of Mosley.
                    true

If Pacquiao loses, people won't consider Pacquiao a serious threat to Floyd anymore after Floyd dominated the guy Pacquiao lost from.
                    true

There is absolutely nothing to gain for Pacquiao here. Pacquiao would make the same amount of money if he fought JMM or Berto.
                    false.

Comment

Originally posted by MCCCXXXIII View Post
                      lets see how the numbers compare to Floyd vs Mosley.
                      I'm one who believes Pacquiao vs Mosley will sell less than Mayweather vs Mosley, but is that going to prevent people from purchasing another Pacquiao PPV after the Mosley fight? Of course not...

Consistency is key. As long as Pacquiao continues to fight and Mayweather doesn't, Pacquiao will technically be generating more PPV buys and would be receiving more notoriety.

Comment

Working...
                      X