Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which of these titleholders are "paper" champions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Tunney- View Post
    Sebastian Zbik is the epitome of an undeserving "paper" champion.

Which of the boxers in the poll are "paper" champions?

Choose as many options as you like.
    All of them.

Comment

Originally posted by figzuki View Post
      pffffffff ahahaha

Pac got the title at 154 by beating someone your boy would NEVER fight! haha what a troll....
      Paper champion means you have never directly beaten a champion for his belt, but fight for the belt when it's vacant.

Comment

i don't even know why ward and devon are on there.

Comment

Originally posted by adamk1304 View Post
          I consider anyone who doesn't hold the ring magazine title as a "paper champion". Vitali Klitschko would have to be added to that list, but I think he has a legitimate claim to being the best in the heavyweight division. The WBC's decision to strip Martinez is a disgrace.
          I disagree I generally agree with ring rankings but it doesn't mean lineal completely, I think Mayweather is lineal ww champion.

Comment

Nearly all champions(titlists) from heavyweight thru miniumweight are paper champions these days. Unlike a time where "Undisputed" existed.

How can there be 3-4 "World champions" of only one world!

Comment

Everyone of them other than Ward and Alexander are paper champions only because the best in that division is yet to be determined and though Stieglitz has a belt at 168 he is not in the equation regarding who is the best.

Don't get me started on Shumenov either because he is not even a real paper champion due to the gift he got after the totally schooling Campillo gave him. Campillo is the real WBA paper champ at LHW.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                Everyone of them other than Ward and Alexander are paper champions only because the best in that division is yet to be determined and though Stieglitz has a belt at 168 he is not in the equation regarding who is the best.

Don't get me started on Shumenov either because he is not even a real paper champion due to the gift he got after the totally schooling Campillo gave him. Campillo is the real WBA paper champ at LHW.
                Yeah but Sumenov beat William Joppy. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Instinto View Post
                  Well Pacquiao said on press that Martinez has to come down to 150. Martinez said after fight he will come down as low as 156 lbs, but after was saying he won't go lower than 155 lbs. because he has to defend his MW title.
                  Martinez already said he's willing to fight at 154 in another interview. If Pacquiao doesn't want to fight the former holder of the title, he'll continue on being a paper champ.

Comment

I fucked up on the voting but just about everyone on that list but Ward.

Comment

Oh, and Devon. Him and Ward are legit champs.

Comment

Working...
                      X