Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HOPKINS Fights 'Em On The Way UP...PACQUIAO Fights 'Em On the Way DOWN!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by [KLTP] -Kirby- View Post
    Funny how you should say that. Considering how most of Pacquiao's fights he has come in as the physically larger man.
    Hopkins's legacy build on on his run at MW beating small guys around. Pacquiao became superstar after DLH fight, he started selling PPVs more than 1mil for fighting guys like Cotto, Clottey and Margo who unofficially weigh up to 170 lbs. Cotto even at jr. ww was coming to fight with 157 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Instinto View Post
      Hopkins's legacy build on on his run at MW beating small guys around. Pacquiao became superstar after DLH fight, he started selling PPVs more than 1mil for fighting guys like Cotto, Clottey and Margo who unofficially weigh up to 170 lbs. Cotto even at jr. ww was coming to fight with 157 lbs.
      You have no proof to back up your claim. I checked the full broadcast of both events and they didn't show the "tonight weights".

I on the other hand....

Besides according to your logic size shouldn't matter. Pacquiao is the smaller guy destroying guys with 20 pound weight advantages. I just tore apart your argument there. Trinidad destroyed Joppy who was a MW, and De La Hoya "beat" Sturm who was a MW. They didn't just go up to fight Bernard. Trinidad was a tournament. De La Hoya challenged Hopkins.

Next?

Comment

Originally posted by tehMatrix View Post
        how can you call anyone a dipshit(which you spelled wrong) when you think that a fighters ideal weight is his walk around weight?

dipshit(deuce_drop): trinidad fought smaller men because he walked around at 185!

*facepalm*
        the spelling is that way because of the censorship, but seeing that dip***** gets posted, i'll write it out the right way so you can read it, you dumb dip*****.

and yes, if trinidad is dropping 40+lbs to fight guys at 147, wtf ( or do i have to spell it out for you) do you think that is!?!?!? because im my eyes and in reality, that is a bigger guy fighting a smaller guy, you have no argument dip*****, your cup has holes in it, your argument is swiss cheese at best..... go bash your head against the wall in hopes of finding a brain rattling around in your little nugget of a head.
        Last edited by deuce_drop; 01-16-2011, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by deuce_drop View Post
          the spelling is that way because of the censorship, but seeing that dip**** gets posted, i'll write it out the right way so you can read it, you dumb dip****.

and yes, if trinidad is dropping 40+lbs to fight guys at 147, wtf ( or do i have to spell it out for you) do you think that is!?!?!? because im my eyes and in realty, that is a bigger guy fighting a smaller guy, you have no argument dip****, your cup has holes in it, your argument is swiss cheese at best..... go bash your head against the wall in hopes of finding a brain rattling around in your little nugget of a head.
          you should make a poll asking if trinidad was fighting smaller men cuz he walked around at 185

should be good

or ask if hatton was fighting smaller men too cuz he walked around at 200 pounds
          Last edited by SplitSecond; 01-16-2011, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Notice how all the *******s had to change the subject since they couldn't debate the point of this thread?

Hopkins fights 'em prime.
            Pacquiao is raiding nursing homes.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
              Notice how all the *******s had to change the subject since they couldn't debate the point of this thread?

Hopkins fights 'em prime.
              Pacquiao is raiding nursing homes.
              Took you a long time to notice this Gino?

Comment

You have no proof to back up your claim. I checked the full broadcast of both events and they didn't show the "tonight weights".

I on the other hand....

Besides according to your logic size shouldn't matter. Pacquiao is the smaller guy destroying guys with 20 pound weight advantages. I just tore apart your argument there. Trinidad destroyed Joppy who was a MW, and De La Hoya "beat" Sturm who was a MW. They didn't just go up to fight Bernard. Trinidad was a tournament. De La Hoya challenged Hopkins.

Next?
                Clottey and Cotto denied to weigh in unofficially because they always add 10-15 lbs to fight night. If you are fan of Cotto you should know that Cotto refused long time ago to weigh in unofficially. In his fight at jr.ww against DeMarcus Corley he came at around 157 lbs, while Corley came at the same 140 as official weight. Clottey also came at around 157 against Judah. Margarito came at 165 against Pacman.

Joppy and Sturm don't prove a s**t. Even Roy Jones jr outboxed HW bum John Ruiz but it doesn't make him legit HW who can hang out with Klitschkos, Haye, Valuev etc.

Comment

I on the other hand....

Next?
                  Who's the smaller man?

Last edited by Instinto; 01-16-2011, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Clottey and Cotto denied to weigh in unofficially because they always add 10-15 lbs to fight night. If you are fan of Cotto you should know that Cotto refused long time ago to weigh in unofficially. In his fight at jr.ww against DeMarcus Corley he came at around 157 lbs, while Corley came at the same 140 as official weight. Clottey also came at around 157 against Judah. Margarito came at 165 against Pacman.
                    Oh, okay. You wanna listen to Jim Lampley eh? Did you know Hopkins 2 weeks before the fight was at 157 pounds and come fight night weighed in at 162 pounds to Trinidad's 168 come fight night(according to the announce team)? Trinidad also had the 3 inch reach advantage aswell. Which was why Foreman was even shocked because Trinidad was the favorite in the fight. As usual Hopkins is almost always the underdog.

Trinidad at the time was also number 1 P4P. What's your excuse now?

Comment

Joppy and Sturm don't prove a s**t. Even Roy Jones jr outboxed HW bum John Ruiz but it doesn't make him legit HW who can hang out with Klitschkos, Haye, Valuev etc.
                      I don't think that's fair to compare Trinidad to Ruiz. Tito was 40-0 and owned a MW title and was considered top 1 or 2 pound 4 pound. He was a 7-1 favorite to beat Hopkins. Think of it this way - if hopkins didn't exist at 160 at the time, who would have beat tito? No one. Tito would have destroyed the division. Besides, the plan for tito was for him to unify all the MW titles (which he would have done if he beat hopkins) then immediately after move up to 168 and fight Roy Jones.

Bottom line is hopkins & pacquiao both are all time greats both of their accomplishments are great but different. Hopkins made his legacy making a record 20 title defenses, was undefeated for a decade, was the first person to unify all the MW belts since hagler, and the only boxer in any weight class to own all the belts in (WBA, WBO, WBC, IBF, & The Ring), and of course moving up to LHW after the age of 40 and dominated good opponents.

Pacquiao's accomplishments are based on his climb through an incredible 8 weight classes.

They are both amazing. People shouldn't hate on one or the other the fact is what both of these guys has done is legendary.

Comment

Working...
                      X