Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MAYWEATHER-MOSLEY Second Round....What REALLY Happened?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abraham Reyes View Post
    or maybe just maybe shane's age finally caught up to him.
    What does age have to do with this TECHNICAL adjustment?

A younger Shane would have thought of a Plan B?

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
      What does age have to do with this TECHNICAL adjustment?

A younger Shane would have thought of a Plan B?
      A younger Shane would have fought a younger Floyd. Younger Floyd was more offensive and would have whooped Mosley worse than what happened in May.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
        A younger Shane would have fought a younger Floyd. Younger Floyd was more offensive and would have whooped Mosley worse than what happened in May.
        At WW?

Or by younger you mean at LW?

Comment

Originally posted by dvb View Post

for me in a lot of fights,shanes problem is he has too much reliance on his power.
          You are absolutely right here. And his chin.

If you look at Shane's fights with Oscar and vargas, he basically wants to stand in the middle of the ring an slug. He doesn't try to avoid any incoming fire.

Shane was blessed with a Grade AAA chin, and he has definitely traded on that commodity through the years.

Problem is that chins get dented over time. See Leonard (elite), Mayorga, Urango, etc.

Listen to what Steward says : Shane does not move his head away from right hand punches.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
            At WW?

Well, the 1999 (ish) offer was when Floyd was at 130 and Shane was moving from 135 to 147. Floyd offered SSM a fight at 137, recognizing that Mosley was having problems making LW.

Mosley made the smart business move and went for Oscar.

Comment

From my POV, the plan was about foot placement (something he mentioned a couple times before the fight). Before the fight, the single cleanest shots ever landed on Mayweather had been right hooks by southpaws that were either leaning on Mayweather's left side or walking to their right.

Mosley was supposed to step to his right, so he could be on Mayweather's left side in somewhat of a blind spot for the shoulder roll defense. There he shoots tha jab to the body and the right hand over the top.

Mayweather basically made Mosley be enough on his left side, where he could see everything coming on defense and be able to get his offense going. He did the same to Judah. What most affected Mosley looked to be those quick counters.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                At WW?

Before he became Money

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
                  Well, the 1999 (ish) offer was when Floyd was at 130 and Shane was moving from 135 to 147. Floyd offered SSM a fight at 137, recognizing that Mosley was having problems making LW.

Mosley made the smart business move and went for Oscar.
                  Well at LW yes Floyd could have probably have beaten Mosley worse.

But, any version of Floyd at WW against the 2000-2001 version. Where Shane at his absolute peak I don't see Floyd beaten him worse. Floyd could of won but not beat him worse. I don't care if it was before he became money or whenever if we talking about any WW version of Floyd against the 2000-2001 Shane it would not have been a worse beaten. It would have been a more competitive fight. Shane was at his highest in term of confidence at that time which is very important in a fighter. And, at the time he use to put punches together. Then after awhile he started looking for one big shot.

At the end of the day Floyd beat Shane while Shane was looked at the best WW in a dominant fashion and he deserves all the credit in the world for that. I'm not taking anything away from him.

But, I hate it when I read Floyd at WW would have beaten another elite prime WW much worse because of what he did at 130 or because what he did to a warn out Gatti. Floyd at WW was a different fighter, with a different mindset, it has nothing to do with becoming "money" or any alter ego BS. It has to do with him being in his 4 weight-class not a natural weight-class for him.

So when I read he would of done it much worse at WW, makes me feel people overrated him and what he does and capable of doing.

Comment

These has been my view since the fight happened.

1. Floyd didn't adjust properly until the 8th or 9th round. Problem was that Mosley isn't that cerebral of a fighter. While Floyd made an adjustment, He was still open, but Shane just isn't that smart of a fighter to capitalize on it.

2. Mosley didn't gas as most on this site claim. He couldn't get off and over the course of the fight he gave up mentally. If Shane can't do what he likes and is forced to switch up his game plan, he gets frustrated and folds mentally.

3. Mosley isn't shot, past prime definately, but not shot. Same with Margarito, Cotto, and others. I just see it as both Floyd and Manny being on a different level and just making these guys look worse than what they really are. It's the Roy Jones effect in which a fighter is so much better than everyone in his division that he makes his opponents look bad as fighter.

You give Shane a guy who will allow him to get into exchanges and get off on his opponents...........and watch Shane put on another Margarito performance.

Give him a guy who he can't get off on or have to chance and he looks like a shot old man.

Comment

It doesn't help how much Shane relies on individual attributes - I'm stronger, I'm quicker etc, he can't get it that that isn't what win you fights, Floyd makes great adjustments (like the video shows, as well as foot placements), Shane doesn't.

Comment

Working...
                      X