Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hopkins Wants Pascal, Dawson, Bute, Then Retirement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopkins is the man, a true Hall of Fame and All Time Great fighter. That said, I just dont think he has enough left in the tank for three fights of that magnitude, not at this stage in the game.

Comment

Hopkins should fight Pascal then move up to CW and fight Cunningham for his IBF title or Huck for the WBO title, or Krzysztof for the WBC title, i'd say Guillermo Jones for the WBA title but Cunningham already beat him so a win over Cunningham would look really good. Then again at Hopkins age he should just go for the one with the easiest style which I would go with Huck.

He can then go up to HW against either Haye/Wlad/Vitali for their title.

I know i'm asking too much from a 46 year old, but wasn't Larry Merchant asking for too much when he proposed Pacquiao vs DLH at 147?

This would be making history for Hopkins, champion in 4 weight classes, if he does this and pulls off the win in each of those fights.

Then again, a lineup of Pascal/Pascal II/Dawson/Bute to end his career is not bad at all. Hell just a win over Pascal and winning the WBC title so old, would be enough for me and for the history books as well. He really doesn't have to fight Dawson or Bute or go up any where. He's already one of the best Middleweights of all time with his 20 defenses. At the end of the day, the highlight of his career will be what he did at MW. Everything else will be extra credit.

Comment

Originally posted by KJB View Post
        Hopkins is the man, a true Hall of Fame and All Time Great fighter. That said, I just dont think he has enough left in the tank for three fights of that magnitude, not at this stage in the game.
        I agree, not going to happen.

Comment

these are big, long term plans

I'm afraid time will catch up with Hopkins before he can achieve all this

ideal scenario : Pascal vs Hopkins rematch right away

Dawson vs a title holder in the meantime

those 2 bouts winners against each other = unified LHW champ

Bute vs Super six winner = undisputed SMW champ (who cares about that puzzy Stieglitz)

undisputed SMW champ VS lineal and unified LHW champ

but this is all fantasy

Comment

Originally posted by sigrab jr View Post
            Hopkins should fight Pascal then move up to CW and fight Cunningham for his IBF title or Huck for the WBO title, or Krzysztof for the WBC title, i'd say Guillermo Jones for the WBA title but Cunningham already beat him so a win over Cunningham would look really good. Then again at Hopkins age he should just go for the one with the easiest style which I would go with Huck.

He can then go up to HW against either Haye/Wlad/Vitali for their title.

I know i'm asking too much from a 46 year old, but wasn't Larry Merchant asking for too much when he proposed Pacquiao vs DLH at 147?

This would be making history for Hopkins, champion in 4 weight classes, if he does this and pulls off the win in each of those fights.

Then again, a lineup of Pascal/Pascal II/Dawson/Bute to end his career is not bad at all. Hell just a win over Pascal and winning the WBC title so old, would be enough for me and for the history books as well. He really doesn't have to fight Dawson or Bute or go up any where. He's already one of the best Middleweights of all time with his 20 defenses. At the end of the day, the highlight of his career will be what he did at MW. Everything else will be extra credit.
            ok back to earth now my dude, you spent too much time with your head in the clouds

Comment

here is a 46 year old man fighting the top competition available to him, just

fought and beat the lineal ring champ at light heavy weight, and then you

have BERTO who is a biiiitch fighting randal baily...

ya thats right, berto got called out and embarrassed by cintron but berto

dont want none,

hes terrified of a true challenge after collazo beat him

berto is a disgrace

bernard is a legend,

Comment

Hopkins is boring as hell. When he fought Ornelas, Librado Abdrade´s brother, all he did was hug and jab. Boring. I wanna see him fight Librado Andrade without his hugging techniques. He fights once a year, too. I would never watch any of his fights. That negro is a coward.

Comment

I really think Hopkins win over Pascal is being overrated. Pascal looked like **** that night. I can't see him beating Dawson or Bute. I would actually favor Pascal in a rematch, as long as he prepares properly and doesn't fight like a *****. The knockdowns in their fight shows B-Hops slippin'. His balance is not what it was.

Comment

why are all the haters talking about how hopkins ducked dawson and still saying he ducked dawson when he's saying he wants to fight him now.

i know he hasn't been trying to make any fights with him, but it most certainly is not because he is/was scared of dawson, i think what he was/is more scared of, in regards of a dawson fight, is the lack of money that would be attached to that fight. dawson needs hopkins, not the other way around, all the while dawson had done basically nothing to make a name about himself.

shaw hasn't pimped him out enough to make dawson a big deal, big enough to make people DEMAND the fight, only dawson diehards wanted it and hopkin haters, all 8 of you guys. bottom line, dawson is not attractive for dollar purposes, network purposes, ppv's, etc.

start making exciting fights, start making a demand for your fights, and start drawing a damn crowd, THEN COMPLAIN, since then he would have all the leverage and goods in securing a hopkins fight.

the people demanded and the people spoke, and it was obvious to the powers that be where the money is and the excitement.

the powers that be saw what a dawson fight brough to the table and the performance and what a hopkins fight brought to the table, and the dollar value.

anyone who would take a dawson fight over a decent to big money fight with pascal, or any fighter for that matter who still adds credibilty, is a f'ing idiot and has zero business sense.................

go to sleep haters................. you're awake and dreaming.

Comment

What happened to him wanting to fight Froch?

Comment

Working...
                      X