No announcement yet.

Toughest beards of all-time.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thephantom5 View Post
    Margo had few knockdowns early in his career.

But yeah he has a great beard,

I wouldn't call it all-time.
    I don't have a problem with Margarito being an all-time great chin.

I mean some people may disqualify certain fighters from being in the all-time great chin list because of KDs or stoppage losses, but defense and fatigue should be taken into account too.

Fighters like Vitali and Tua have never suffered official KDs, but Vitali doesn't block punches with his face like Margarito, or like Lamon Brewster did. Tua also doesn't have the aggression and willingness to eat shots like Margarito does, he tends to go into a bit of a shell when he gets tagged hard. More deliberate in his attack, and this is why he has many fights where he scores late stoppages in close bouts.

Whereas when you look at Margarito against Mosley for instance, he just keeps taking them and taking them throughout, upstairs and downstairs.

That's a big reason why I think it's hard to really judge who has the best chin.

I just consider all of these guys like Hagler, LaMotta, Chuvalo, Cobb, Laporte, Chavez, etc...to have great chins.

Comment

Originally posted by Subtraction View Post
      Vitali Klitschko
      Emmanuel Augustus
      James Toney
      Juan Manuel Marquez
      Mike Tyson
      George Foreman
      King Kong Agbeko
      Antonio Margarito
      Carl Froch
      Erik Morales
      Ricardo Mayorga

And many moar.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
        oliver mccall
        Yeah but Mccall cries in the ring. That negates his chin imo.

Comment

Originally posted by PED User View Post

I mean some people may disqualify certain fighters from being in the all-time great chin list because of KDs or stoppage losses, but defense and fatigue should be taken into account too.

Fighters like Vitali and Tua have never suffered official KDs, but Vitali doesn't block punches with his face like Margarito, or like Lamon Brewster did. Tua also doesn't have the aggression and willingness to eat shots like Margarito does, he tends to go into a bit of a shell when he gets tagged hard. More deliberate in his attack, and this is why he has many fights where he scores late stoppages in close bouts.

Whereas when you look at Margarito against Mosley for instance, he just keeps taking them and taking them throughout, upstairs and downstairs.

That's a big reason why I think it's hard to really judge who has the best chin.

I just consider all of these guys like Hagler, LaMotta, Chuvalo, Cobb, Laporte, Chavez, etc...to have great chins.
          tua got dropped his last fight vs monte barrett

Comment

Vitali Klitschko
            Emmanuel Augustus
            James Toney
            Juan Manuel Marquez
            Mike Tyson
            George Foreman
            King Kong Agbeko
            Antonio Margarito
            Carl Froch
            Erik Morales
            Ricardo Mayorga

And many moar.
            Several of those guys I've seen hurt and troubled by punches, such as Foreman and Klitschko. Some have been dropped and hurt (Margarito a ton of times) like Froch and Marquez. They have damn good chins but definitely don't belong on any all-time list. I'd say Chuvalo, McCallum and Hagler are a few notches above all of these guys.

Comment

Originally posted by PED User View Post

You make an excellent point. It took Mosley landing FLUSH shots for 9 straight rounds before Tony went down. Most guys go down from 1 shot.

He took them for 9 rounds and kept coming.

He also took bombs from Cotto too before wearing him down.

Defo ATG chin.

Comment

You make an excellent point. It took Mosley landing FLUSH shots for 9 straight rounds before Tony went down. Most guys go down from 1 shot.

He took them for 9 rounds and kept coming.

He also took bombs from Cotto too before wearing him down.

Defo ATG chin.
                You should watch his bouts against Danny Perez. Margarito has a great chin but I don't think it's at the highest, highest level of all time. Cotto and Mosley are hard hitters but not one punch KO artists. This is coming from a big fan of Tony.

Comment

Yeah but Mccall cries in the ring. That negates his chin imo.
                  i got a good lennox lewis interview & i got a great post fight interview with mccall...he tells the media i was just getting warmed up & was playing around was tring to psych out lennox.he goes off on how ali & leonard use to showboat so why couldnt he...it was bizarre cause this happened at the post fight press conference.he was totally convince the fight shouldnt have been stopped...a few years later lennox said how don king had kept mccall away from the media.he just got out of detox & had a complete meltdown in the ring.he was mentally not fit to fight but don king did what don king does best...that was fool everybody.he made a nice chunk of change on the "rematch"idea of these guys fighting while fully knowing of mccalls legal & substance issues...he hid them well from everyone...especially the media

Comment

Shannon Briggs.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Jesus View Post
                      Shannon Briggs.
                      Good beard.

Not all-time.

Comment

Working...
                      X