No announcement yet.

Imagine Terry Norris vs Floyd Mayweather at 147

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GAME2010 View Post
    These are real fantasy fights, everybody talks about the obvious Ali v Tyson

but this is a legit fight. Great fight, great styles, great fighters

Even a current guy like Maidana vs Hatton at 140 ... WOW
    Norris vs floyd would have been a great fight

Norris speed and power would no doubt cause floyd problems. Norris offense is very impressive. kind of offense that would bring the best out of floyd or cause him to shrink into survival mode if he is not able to counter or willing to take the risk. with norris shaky chin a floyd ko or tko would have not been out of the question as well

Comment

Norris jab wouldn't be effective against Mayweather? Complete nonsense. Why wouldn't it be? Norris jab was very effective when he used it and i remember Oscar rarely missing his against Mayweather before he abandoned it. That, combined with Norris agression, food speed, power, and inside game sums uo to be a rough night for Mayweather. Not only that but at the higher weights, Floyd seems content to throw one punch at a time. Norris would have too much size, too much activity, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by 2120 View Post
        with norris shaky chin a floyd ko or tko would have not been out of the question as well
        I think it would be. Floyd has two stoppage wins at welter (against blown up junior welterweights) and Norris is actually a natural junior middleweight who only ran into problems vs big punchers at 154.

Comment

Originally posted by slicksouthpaw16 View Post
          I think it would be. Floyd has two stoppage wins at welter (against blown up junior welterweights) and Norris is actually a natural junior middleweight who only ran into problems vs big punchers at 154.
          Floyd Mayweather is my favourite active fighter but there is literally no chance what so ever he KO's Terry Norris at 154, I'm stunned anyone has made this claim.

Comment

fmj would definitely have major problems with the terry norris that stopped mel taylor in 4 rounds...

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Floyd Mayweather is my favourite active fighter but there is literally no chance what so ever he KO's Terry Norris at 154, I'm stunned anyone has made this claim.
              the reason i think floyd has a shot for a tko over Norris is because of Norris shaky chin and floyd ability to counter so effectively

add to the fact that Norris loves to get into a dog fight. no doubt he would get hit with counter shot he didnt see coming. which in my opinion makes it a possibility that floyd could get a tko. not saying i would lean on that happeining but a possibility.

oppose to floyd fighting Duran or Chavez in a fantasy match up. a tko win would not be possible.

for the record i thing Terry Norris would win a match with the floyd that has shown up to fight at welter and above. floyd is just too cautious and not active enough to beat a Terry Norris

Comment

Originally posted by slicksouthpaw16 View Post
                Norris jab wouldn't be effective against Mayweather? Complete nonsense. Why wouldn't it be? Norris jab was very effective when he used it and i remember Oscar rarely missing his against Mayweather before he abandoned it. That, combined with Norris agression, food speed, power, and inside game sums uo to be a rough night for Mayweather. Not only that but at the higher weights, Floyd seems content to throw one punch at a time. Norris would have too much size, too much activity, everything.
                Why was that? why does everyone eventually abandon it against floyd? That quick counter is an effective tool

Comment

Originally posted by 2120 View Post
                  the reason i think floyd has a shot for a tko over Norris is because of Norris shaky chin and floyd ability to counter so effectively

add to the fact that Norris loves to get into a dog fight. no doubt he would get hit with counter shot he didnt see coming. which in my opinion makes it a possibility that floyd could get a tko. not saying i would lean on that happeining but a possibility.

oppose to floyd fighting Duran or Chavez in a fantasy match up. a tko win would not be possible.

for the record i thing Terry Norris would win a match with the floyd that has shown up to fight at welter and above. floyd is just too cautious and not active enough to beat a Terry Norris
                  I just don't see Floyd having the power at 154 to hurt Norris or even close to take him out. That's fair enough if your saying it COULD happen, but personally i don't even think it could happen, Floyd just doesnt have the power, espeically at 154.

I do think Floyds style is quite a bad matchup for Norris but its just not fair matching them together as 154 is Floyd's 5th and final weight class as opposed to Norris were its pretty much his only weightclass and up there with the best at 154.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    I just don't see Floyd having the power at 154 to hurt Norris or even close to take him out. That's fair enough if your saying it COULD happen, but personally i don't even think it could happen, Floyd just doesnt have the power, espeically at 154.

I do think Floyds style is quite a bad matchup for Norris but its just not fair matching them together as 154 is Floyd's 5th and final weight class as opposed to Norris were its pretty much his only weightclass and up there with the best at 154.
                    Terrible Terry Norris would have a ball with the pretty boy i think this fight would be very entertaining.Its floyd's great defense against the handspeed and power of the Terrible one.I think that Mayweather would probably try and out box Norris but if Norris can catch him with those fast deadly hands i think he could knock out Mayweather.

Comment

Prime Norris was never a welterweight.

Comment

Working...
                      X