Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Mayweather ever faced someone with footwork and movement as good as Pac's?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IdNod4u2 View Post
    Spare me the boxing lecture. I know this aint no weight lifting contest. I am a boxing fan and been for a long time. You want to act like some stuff is normal when its not.Ok.
    If it was normal all this talk would not even exist and Pac would be top 200 boxers. I seen his progression and understand what he got better at.
    So which one is it? Is Manny on PEDs or is he fighting tailor made, shot/weight drained opponents.

If it's the latter, what's abnormal about beating those type of opponents? Shouldn't Manny look spectacular if that's the case?

Comment

**** no,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Comment

I' still hoping that the two will settle the issue inside the Ring!

Pacman last fight with Margs, shows that he can counterpunch with great speed!

Comment

I also thought of Hatton, he does have somewhat decent foot work but he lacks the in and out movement of Pac. I'm curious to see how Floyd does against Pac if Pac decides to try win on points by flurrying and getting out. Will Floyd be forced to become the aggressor?

Oh and don't give me that BS Pac got hit by Margs and Clottey, he could box them all night if he wanted too, he'd rather give the crowd a good show. Watch rounds 5 - 6 of the Margarito fight where Pac uses lateral movement and boxes Margs ears off until he gets bored and goes back in for a more frontal assault.

So basically, Mayweather has dealt with opponents of similar hand speed or faster albeit from a very orthodox straight forward approach but he has never had to deal with someone who moves a lot, has the speed to get in and out and frustrate him. Do you guys wonder what Floyd would do if he was getting outpointed by a guy who had the speed to keep away from him all night?

Comment

Originally posted by mesher View Post
            Now this is NOT a bait thread, serious question:

Has Floyd ever faced anyone with footwork and movement around the ring as good as Pac's?

We always hear about how Pac faces opponents who come straight forward and suit his style perfectly. Well Floyd is a counter puncher and fights against mostly orthodox "stand in front of you" fighters, I'd say that suits his style perfectly.

I'd be interested to see how he deals with an opponent who can get in from distance, give him crazy angles, flurry, score points and get out.

If anyone has any examples of this in Floyd's previous fights, please post a link!
            If Floyd still had his balls he would have faced challenges aside from Pac.

Instead what we see is a wife-beating si$$y who contends himself into beating hapless security guards instead of facing challenges in the ring.

What a waste of talent.

Comment

Mayweather has not exactly been with a Pacquiao twin but he has fought guys with handspeed like for example Zab Judah and Sharmba Mitchell also another southpaw Corley with power at the time.

Pacquiao on the other hand has not fought a fighter who is know for having good handspeed. When/if Pacquiao faces Mayweather, the handspeed of Mayweather will be the fastest he's ever encountered and this will be a problem. Pacquiao's handspeed on the other hand, will be nothing really over the top for Mayweather. You may have a point with the footwork but that's about it.

Comment

Originally posted by cupocity303 View Post
                Since you like copying Mayweather's let me give you one of their famous quotes.

YOu don't know **** about boxing. If you did, you'd know that Pacquiao has plenty of skill and isn't all brute strength. He isn't exactly a Arturo Gatti on Steroids.

He has tricky footwork, he gets in, throws his combination and SIDE-STEPS HIS OPPONENT before they can retaliate. This particularly works against stationary fighters like Clottey and Margarito.

Which is another thing most of you Pacquiao critics like to get into, criticizing his opposition. Which one is it, his quality of opposition or his Extra-ordinary abilities.....pick one and stick with it.
                I think the tricky footwork part, comes from his selection of opponents.

Like I honestly didn't see his tricky footwork against Marquez in the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
                  I think the tricky footwork part, comes from his selection of opponents.

Like I honestly didn't see his tricky footwork against Marquez in the rematch.
                  To be honest, we didn't see Pac bring his increased lateral movement into his game until after the second Marquez fight. You could see in that fight he was still learning. The Diaz fight onward Pac continued to get better at using side to side movements and adapting his footwork to that style. The DLH fight was the first time we saw the current version of Pac's fighting style and he has only refined his style since then.

Comment

Originally posted by BoZz View Post
                    duckqiao the same guy who tried to do the ali shuffle but got punched instead?

clottey hardly threw a punch and he made him look like a mess the truth is that duckqiao blocks the punches with his head.
                    And still Floyd's not confident to fight him!!

Comment

Originally posted by cupocity303 View Post
                      This is true, Hatton's footowork is overlooked and underrated. The guy has footspeed. His problem was no coordination with the upper body, too much lunging in with wild hooks etc,.

But yes he had very good footspeed and could get to Floyd much better than other opponents and crowd him.

This isn't a coincidence by the way, Hatton is a Soccer player.
                      ^^^ Hatton wasnt a "soccer" player he might of played with his mates but he wasnt any good, i cant see the link between soccer & footspeed

Comment

Working...
                      X