Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Mayweather ever faced someone with footwork and movement as good as Pac's?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IdNod4u2 View Post
    Listen Man if I were able to write the same thing with a crayon for some of these "fans" to get it BELIEVE ME I WOULD.

Their are many ways to add to 100 but the easiest for a child to understand is 50 + 50.
    Since you like copying Mayweather's let me give you one of their famous quotes.

YOu don't know **** about boxing. If you did, you'd know that Pacquiao has plenty of skill and isn't all brute strength. He isn't exactly a Arturo Gatti on Steroids.

He has tricky footwork, he gets in, throws his combination and SIDE-STEPS HIS OPPONENT before they can retaliate. This particularly works against stationary fighters like Clottey and Margarito.

Which is another thing most of you Pacquiao critics like to get into, criticizing his opposition. Which one is it, his quality of opposition or his Extra-ordinary abilities.....pick one and stick with it.

Comment

Originally posted by mesher View Post
      Now this is NOT a bait thread, serious question:

Has Floyd ever faced anyone with footwork and movement around the ring as good as Pac's?

We always hear about how Pac faces opponents who come straight forward and suit his style perfectly. Well Floyd is a counter puncher and fights against mostly orthodox "stand in front of you" fighters, I'd say that suits his style perfectly.

I'd be interested to see how he deals with an opponent who can get in from distance, give him crazy angles, flurry, score points and get out.

If anyone has any examples of this in Floyd's previous fights, please post a link!
      can you explain "Good footwork"? Mannys got basic footwork, he gets by on slow opponents, his speed and endurance..
      most of the time if you noticed, Manny is way off balance when he throws punches...

Comment

Originally posted by cupocity303 View Post

YOu don't know **** about boxing. If you did, you'd know that Pacquiao has plenty of skill and isn't all brute strength. He isn't exactly a Arturo Gatti on Steroids.

He has tricky footwork, he gets in, throws his combination and SIDE-STEPS HIS OPPONENT before they can retaliate. This particularly works against stationary fighters like Clottey and Margarito.

Which is another thing most of you Pacquiao critics like to get into, criticizing his opposition. Which one is it, his quality of opposition or his Extra-ordinary abilities.....pick one and stick with it.
        Why is it not acceptable that it's both...??

Comment

PAC hasnt face............a cajones deficient fighter......LIKE money mayweather....................LOL

Comment

Originally posted by cixthree View Post
            Why is it not acceptable that it's both...??
            It isn't because than the story doesn't match. Either he is destroying bigger, stronger, super-tough opponents because of his Extraordinary abilities, which could be due to HGH.

OR

He isn't really destroying that much bigger opponents, yes there are those catchweights which potentially make them weaker and drain them, and all of a sudden it's not that impressive anymore and one could see how a Great but not On steroids great Pac could beat them the way he does.

The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Comment

Originally posted by cixthree View Post
              can you explain "Good footwork"? Mannys got basic footwork, he gets by on slow opponents, his speed and endurance..
              most of the time if you noticed, Manny is way off balance when he throws punches...
              Basic footwork? I'm sorry but your an idiot and if someone has to explain to you what constitutes as good footwork, well that says a lot about you as a fan and your knowledge of the sport.

Comment

This is true, Hatton's footowork is overlooked and underrated. The guy has footspeed. His problem was no coordination with the upper body, too much lunging in with wild hooks etc,.

But yes he had very good footspeed and could get to Floyd much better than other opponents and crowd him.

This isn't a coincidence by the way, Hatton is a Soccer player.
                This. Only Hatton gave Mayweather a hard time. Too much pressure.

Comment

Spare me the boxing lecture. I know this aint no weight lifting contest. I am a boxing fan and been for a long time. You want to act like some stuff is normal when its not.Ok.
                  If it was normal all this talk would not even exist and Pac would be top 200 boxers. I seen his progression and understand what he got better at.

Comment

Originally posted by IdNod4u2 View Post
                    Spare me the boxing lecture. I know this aint no weight lifting contest. I am a boxing fan and been for a long time. You want to act like some stuff is normal when its not.Ok.
                    If it was normal all this talk would not even exist and Pac would be top 200 boxers. I seen his progression and understand what he got better at.
                    English please.

Top 200 what? If you understand what he has gotten better at tactically, then what is the issue.

Comment

manny's footwork isn't that good, don't play yourself--he appears to move good against pressure fighters who are slow---he hops in and out too much to look good against floyd--his upperbody movement is crucial in beating floyd and it's not good at all--in fact, it's pretty ****ty--which is why he gets caught so much--how will manny stop floyd's timing? i just don't see how--manny hops in and out great but he leaves himself open a lot---manny has bad balance if you ask me but because the fighters he has fougth are not known for their timing, they don't take advantage of it--but trust me, floyd will find every opening on manny--

in fact, victoriano sosa had better footwork and movement than manny did--just watch the fight--he moved his head better--better timer--better movement overall than manny--
                      Last edited by pbftxrs316; 12-29-2010, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X