No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khan: I Want Mayweather in England, I'll Retire at 28

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Khan: I Want Mayweather in England, I'll Retire at 28

WBA junior welterweight champion Amir Khan would like a fight with Floyd Mayweather Jr. to take place in England. Khan expects the fight with Mayweather to take place in twelve months. He plans to fight again on April 9 or April 16 in England and then wants to return in July against the winner of next month's unification between Tim Bradley and Devon Alexander.

[Click Here To Read More]

He should retire early, he's always 1 punch away from being KO'ed again.

Comment

Originally posted by coufsax View Post
      He should retire early, he's always 1 punch away from being KO'ed again.
      This is boxing and every boxer on the planet is only one punch away from being k.oed.

Comment

Fighters always say they're about to retire soon. I never believe them, unless they're old and they suck.

Freddie Roach would have to do a miracle job with Khan to get him ready to seriously challenge Mayweather within a year (or Mayweather would have to have a rapid decline). Despite Khan's extensive amateur background, his technical skills are still really unrefined for a world class fighter. His footwork and defense would land him in serious trouble with Floyd.
        Last edited by Thread Stealer; 12-20-2010, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Is he taking after David Haye or something? What's with these guys and their early retirement plans?

Comment

Khan should first clear up the Jr Welterweight Div. by fighting the winner of Alexander vs Bradley fight;

Then, he has to prove himself at 147lbs Welterweight by fighting Andre Berto,
            before entertaining the idea of fighting Mayweather Jr who got a lot of Court suit!

Comment

i think khan is dead serious about retiring at 28.

for some reason i feel that khan hates boxing & will be happy when its all over......

thats what I've gotten from khan.
              Last edited by americanbot; 12-20-2010, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by -LowKey- View Post
                This is boxing and every boxer on the planet is only one punch away from being k.oed.
                You missed the point, he is shaky.

Comment

this would be very one sided. but so was mayweather's fight with marquez. hope it doesnt happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
                    Is he taking after David Haye or something? What's with these guys and their early retirement plans?
                    It's about mental health. When a fighter has done everything he wants to i.e unified a division, often they do not want to step up a weight, but are happy to retire a champion with a nice retirement fund. I think we can all agree that Ali should have retired sooner, and maybe he wouldn't have the mental problems he has now.

Fair play to the lads for being sensible. Love the sport, but you've got to think of the long term health risks too.

Comment

Working...
                    X