Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So does this make Joe Calzaghe's win over Hopkins look even better?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    I always thought well of that win anyway, my only problem with it is that you know by that fight a prime Hopkins would easily beat Calzaghe.
    Calzaghe wasn't in his prime either when he fought Hopkins.

Comment

• I've said it before and I'll say it again: Calzaghe and Hopkins are exceptionally intelligent boxers who make everyone look bad, even each other.

What's really sad is that Hopkins felt he had to cheat against Calzaghe and Jones Jr. but handed far worse beatings to Pavlik and Pascal while fighting clean.

Chad Dawson must be crying into his coffee this morning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chunk View Post
        Calzaghe wasn't in his prime either when he fought Hopkins.
        why not? he was coming off his best win. in his "prime" he should have lost to robin reid. so when exactly was it? before or after the phantom hand injuries that made him pull out twice against glen johnson? before or after he lost his ko power? lol!

Comment

• idk................
          Last edited by FkDaHtrs; 12-19-2010, 08:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
            why not? he was coming off his best win. in his "prime" he should have lost to robin reid. so when exactly was it? before or after the phantom hand injuries that made him pull out twice against glen johnson? before or after he lost his ko power? lol!
            hopkins best win was against pavlik, does that mean hopkins was in his prime then?

your logic makes no sense at all

calzaghe at his prime was not when he slowed down and had no power, when calzaghe was 30 or so was prob his prime but we will never know because he never got a big fight in his prime

Comment

• can someone please make their own breakdown on how they think joe calzaghe won round 1? or round 2? or round 3? or round 5? or round 6? or round 10? 6 clear rounds hopkins won right there. anyone anyone? anyone besides calzaghe outworked him or hopkins faked low blows? anyone with actual boxing knowledge know how calzaghe could possibly win any of those rounds when he was clearly outlanded by a big margin?

Comment

• Originally posted by G Doggy Dog View Post
                hopkins is a cry baby always crying robbery
                Hopkins beat the **** out of your boy.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  can someone please make their own breakdown on how they think joe calzaghe won round 1? or round 2? or round 3? or round 5? or round 6? or round 10? 6 clear rounds hopkins won right there. anyone anyone? anyone besides calzaghe outworked him or hopkins faked low blows? anyone with actual boxing knowledge know how calzaghe could possibly win any of those rounds when he was clearly outlanded by a big margin?
                  You will have to hold a knife to my throat before I watch that fight again

calzaghe won that fight by 2 points at least imo, I remember scoring it, and I don't support either guy

Thing is that you can tell from your sig that you dislike calzaghe so there is obvious bias mate

Comment

• Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
                    hopkins best win was against pavlik, does that mean hopkins was in his prime then?

your logic makes no sense at all

calzaghe at his prime was not when he slowed down and had no power, when calzaghe was 30 or so was prob his prime but we will never know because he never got a big fight in his prime
                    his best win is against p4p number 1 trinidad. he was 36 the same age as calzaghe was when he beat hopkins.

yea maybe but i go on what i see. maybe he was prime when he was 30 or maybe he was prime when he was 36. all we have to go on is how he looked and he looked the best when he was 36.

Comment

• Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
                      You will have to hold a knife to my throat before I watch that fight again

calzaghe won that fight by 2 points at least imo, I remember scoring it, and I don't support either guy

Thing is that you can tell from your sig that you dislike calzaghe so there is obvious bias mate
                      well you didn't watch closely obviously. no shame in that a lot of people didn't. my sig is just for fun it has nothing to do with scoring a fight. i score fights based on who is landing and hopkins outlanded calzaghe easily in at least 6 rounds. calzaghe fooled you into thinking he was landing. you refuse to re watch the fight yet defend calzaghe so hard. don't you think you should at least watch the videos i posted? don't you want to see the truth or is ignorance bliss?
                      Last edited by daggum; 12-19-2010, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X