Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So does this make Joe Calzaghe's win over Hopkins look even better?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
    no because he wasn't being hit. he held to neutralize calzaghe and fight inside.
    If Joe didn't hit Hopkins, then what did Hopkins do? Negative hits?

Bhop: 127 / 468 (27%)
    Joe: 232 / 707 (33%)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Roach View Post
      If Joe didn't hit Hopkins, then what did Hopkins do? Negative hits?

Bhop: 127 / 468 (27%)
      Joe: 232 / 707 (33%)
      those numbers have already been proven false please stop clinging to them. the proof is in the pudding(video) joe was simply not landing very much and especially in the rounds hopkins won he was outlanded by a big margin. watch the break down of every punch thrown in the rounds hopkins wins. clearly hopkins wins at least 6 rounds in the fight and there really is simply no way to give those rounds to calzaghe unless you score based on emotion.

watch this whole 6 part series which shows every single punch.

Comment

• Post a link that says the number are fake.

I've seen the fight, multiple times. Hopkins fought dirty and got out worked by Joe.

Comment

• if you watch the video series i posted you will see hopkins clearly wins 5 out of the first 6 rounds without dispute. even the 4th which calzaghe won could have gone either way. now let's look at the official judges scorecards!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_eim6bvhmpx..._scorecard.gif

ummmm what happened here! 1 judge has hopkins only winning 4, one judge only has him winning 3, and chuck giampa only has him winning 2! "I've heard some criticism that I was too wide and I can accept that," Giampa said

ok i don't expect judges to be perfect but this shows that they really should not be judging professional boxing if they can't even get most of these rounds right. hopkins completely controlled the first half and yet they still gave calzaghe pity rounds to keep it close. the 2nd half calzaghe obviously did much better which led to him winning the fight. professional judges should judge each round on its own merit not make the fight close even if its not.
          Last edited by daggum; 12-19-2010, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Post a link that says the number are fake.

I've seen the fight, multiple times. Hopkins fought dirty and got out worked by Joe.
            you can watch the videos and see it's clearly false.he wasn't landing anything clean especially the first 6 rounds. it says hes landing like 20 punches a round when hes landing 1 or 2 at best. meanwhile hopkins is landing a lot of shots that you don't even see. the overall numbers are irrelevant anyway since all hopkins had to do was outland calzaghe in 6 rounds to get the victory and he clearly dominated at least 6 rounds in actual punches.

Comment

• I'm not watching some biased bogus-video to see The Truth(tm). I don't watch Loose Change to find out what really happened on 9/11, either.

Until Compubox is proven to be **** I will think it's fairly accurate.
              Last edited by Bring It On; 12-19-2010, 07:11 AM.

Comment

I'm not watching some biased bogus-video to see The Truth(tm). I don't watch Loose Change to find out what really happened on 9/11, either.

huh how is it biased? it shows every punch in the fight and breaks down every exchange in slo-mo so you can see who's landing and who's not. how is showing what happened biased? i never understand that. pointing out what really happened=biased? i think ignoring what happened is biased personally. i think saying calzaghe outworked him is a cop out when you don't want to really look closely. hopkins is outlanding calzaghe 5 to 1 in the rounds he wins.it's not even close and his punches are much harder not little taps. please watch.

compubox is usually fairly accurate because most of the time fights are fought at distance and its clear to see what's happening. not in this fight at all. both guys are punching at the same time and most of it was inside fighting. unfortunately they got it wrong and had calzaghe landing when he wasn't. hopkins got the better of almost every exchange plus on the inside. the videos back this up. how can you possibly believe he landed 230 punches? compubox counted those little taps to non scoring areas like the back, shoulders, back of the head which shouldn't count but even then he didn't land close to 230.
                Last edited by daggum; 12-19-2010, 07:44 AM.

Comment

I'm not watching some biased bogus-video to see The Truth(tm). I don't watch Loose Change to find out what really happened on 9/11, either.

Judges don't take a quick glace at compubox numbers to make up there mind on who won the fight.

Comment

• I always thought well of that win anyway, my only problem with it is that you know by that fight a prime Hopkins would easily beat Calzaghe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chunk View Post
                      Judges don't take a quick glace at compubox numbers to make up there mind on who won the fight.
                      2 of the judges didn't even take a glance at the actual fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X