No announcement yet.

Mares Fought A More Difficult Version Of Darchy Than Donaire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mares Fought A More Difficult Version Of Darchy Than Donaire

Now, I understand that Darchynian is several fights removed from the Donaire loss. But one must also understand that he has looked great in the majority of these fights and losing to a fighter who is considered to be technically superior or dominant can cause one to change fight plans.

Coming into this fight against Mares, the Darchynian camp obviously put together a completely different plan than what Darchy is used to fighting. They understand that the aggressive bullying style can be detrimental against a fighter with very good accuracy, technical ability and ring intelligence. Especially against one with great combination.

This was apparent in this fight as Darchynian fought unlike Dachynian. This provided a tougher (and more awkward) puzzle for Mares to solve. Darchy was boxing, Darchy was sticking and moving, Darchy was being illusive. This is not the same Darchy that Donaire destroyed.

This is why Mares HAD to become the agressor, this is why he struggled with Darchynian.

I agree with this entire post.

I would love to see Donaire-Mares someday.

Comment

i agree...mares has a whole lot more balls than donaire, ill say that also.

with that said, from what i saw on saturday, mares loses to donaire rite now. but the kid is the truth, im a fan.

Comment

This is why Mares HAD to become the agressor, this is why he struggled with Darchynian.[/QUOTE]

Mares also fought against a guy he didn't train for. The only thing harder than fighting an awkward style is fighting one when you didn't prepare for it. It was almost the same scenario for Perez vs Agbeko. Agbeko fought a different style but it was more orthodox-- and Perez still clearly lost.

Comment

Darchinyan lost his power at Bantamweight. .. He was a beast at 112 undefeated fought all of them just lost to Agbeko and Vic didn't bring his power them.

Donaire fought a Prime Darchinyan undefeated who has been a champion at 112 Lineal Champ.

Darchinyan never proved anything at 118 but loss to Agbeko

Comment

Originally posted by Espada View Post
            Darchinyan lost his power at Bantamweight. .. He was a beast at 112 undefeated fought all of them just lost to Agbeko and Vic didn't bring his power them.

Donaire fought a Prime Darchinyan undefeated who has been a champion at 112 Lineal Champ.

Darchinyan never proved anything at 118 but loss to Agbeko
            Vic was a come forward one dimensional fighter.

He actually improved after the loss.

He definitely loss power though.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
              Now, I understand that Darchynian is several fights removed from the Donaire loss. But one must also understand that he has looked great in the majority of these fights and losing to a fighter who is considered to be technically superior or dominant can cause one to change fight plans.

Coming into this fight against Mares, the Darchynian camp obviously put together a completely different plan than what Darchy is used to fighting. They understand that the aggressive bullying style can be detrimental against a fighter with very good accuracy, technical ability and ring intelligence. Especially against one with great combination.

This was apparent in this fight as Darchynian fought unlike Dachynian. This provided a tougher (and more awkward) puzzle for Mares to solve. Darchy was boxing, Darchy was sticking and moving, Darchy was being illusive. This is not the same Darchy that Donaire destroyed.

This is why Mares HAD to become the agressor, this is why he struggled with Darchynian.
              atrociously wrong & illogical post.

donaire beat a darchinyan who was undefeated & at his absolute prime age & weight class. ever since the donaire ko vic has gone through a lot of tough fights vs arce, agbeko, gorres, & not to mention he was 3-4 years younger when donaire ko'd him. lower weight fighters usually are done by the time they are in their 30s. its amazing that vic was still able to compete at a high level at his age.

i see you trying to make yourself feel better about abner mares though. wont change the fact that donaire beat a much better version of darchinyan.

Comment

Donaire would still beat his ass.

Comment

TS all of Vic's accomplishments up until now can't compare to Donaire once he beats Montiel this Feb.

Comment

Vic is better now because he is much more grounded in reality.

Comment

Working...
                    X