Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mares Fought A More Difficult Version Of Darchy Than Donaire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with the TS...with that said, Mares vs Donaire should be a great fight, if it gets made down the line.

Comment

Mares shouldn't be in the same sentence as Donaire. If Mares can beat Joseph Agbeko than we can't start talking about him with Donaire. I don't think he beats Agbeko.

Comment

bottomline is donaire is ten times more talented than mares.....

mares has a fighters heart, but if he can get countered by darchinyan's left hand as much as he did, donaire would f/uck him up.....

the ONLY way i can see mares winning is if he can walk nonito's punches and land his own punch(es) back(which will be difficult with the reach disadvantage...and of course the explosive power of donaire)....nonito is one of them fighters who doesnt like to get hit at all.....so im sure hed go defensive and get outworked and look bad backpedaling
        Last edited by -Hyperion-; 12-15-2010, 09:19 AM.

Comment

abner mares is pretty good.

Comment

Darchinyan's style didn't just change for his fight with Mares.

In his past few fights (Guerrero, Barcelona) he's been trying to be a bit a more technical, not trying to be overly aggressive as he had been in the past.

He fought in manner similar to the way he did in the past against Agbeko and it didn't work, especially since Agbeko is a strong bantamweight, who can be rough in there. This could be one of the reasons as to why his team has been looking to switch it up a bit.
            Last edited by Shadows; 12-15-2010, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadows View Post
              Darchinyan's style didn't just changer for his fight with Mares.

In his past few fights (Guerrero, Barcelona) he's been trying to be a bit a more technical, not trying to be overly aggressive as he had been in the past.

He fought in manner similar to the way he did in the past against Agbeko and it didn't work, especially since Agbeko is a strong bantamweight, who can be rough in there. This could be one of the reasons as to why his team has been looking to switch it up a bit.
              I agree 100%

BTW Shadows how many points do I owe you for our bet? Sorry for the delay as I forgot I had e-points on the line for that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
                I agree 100%

BTW Shadows how many points do I owe you for our bet? Sorry for the delay as I forgot I had e-points on the line for that fight.
                Two million.

Comment

I liked Vics movement against Mares but I still think he had the best combinations against Mijares

Comment

lol....

Mares just isn't very good. Donaire is. That's really the only difference.

Comment

darchinyan changed his bullying style because he can't bully bantamweights as simple as that. bring him back to 115 lbs and he will be a bully again.

Comment

Working...
                      X