No announcement yet.

Pacquiao's Next Fight Moved to May 7th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
    That is the weekend immediately following Cinco De Mayo, fighting Marquez would be HUGE then... but doesn't look like that's the route they're going obviously.

I hope the bolded means there's dissent within the ranks about the next opponent. If they had full talks today and didn't hammer out a final opponent and won't until Friday, probably means Arum/Koncz are pushing Shane while Freddie is trying to convince Manny to go after Marquez and settle the score.

Probably just getting my hopes up though. Could be just a formality while they get all the minor details for a Mosley fight ironed out, that's the most likely scenario.
    what is the *****s quota threads for a day? every ***** has to make at least 5 pac threads per day?

Comment

If JMM didn't overprice himself , Fight should had already signed.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
        what is the *****s quota threads for a day? every ***** has to make at least 5 pac threads per day?
        Ive been thinking this, dont you think your contradicting yourself with your name bro? Pullcounter is what Floyd is known for, but you are clearly not a *****s. Why not change it to Manila Ice yeah?

Comment

Anybody but Mosley, I dont think they should fight with JR either, but that fight would generate a lot of money that weekend. I think Martinez would be angry if they fight JR, the last thing Manny needs right now is more contraversy.

Comment

I don't know how many of you listen to the JT the Brick show, but they annouced tonite that the fight would be moved to May 7th, and that it would be against JMM....

JT the Brick, and Tom Looney are huge boxing fans, and are on point with 98% of the things they report...

I would have prefered Berto, but hey, lets get it!!!...If ture.
            Last edited by HandSpeed303; 12-15-2010, 02:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Espada View Post
              If JMM didn't overprice himself , Fight should had already signed.
              Didn't they give Margo 6 million?

Comment

Originally posted by PAC&PBFsuck View Post
                Margo didn't asked for 50-50...

Comment

Originally posted by 4773Y350NM3 View Post
                  This will only happen if PAC is too shot to be a stepping stone. The PAC of today is nowhere near to be a stepping stone for such as JCC JR. He will beat him.
                  Do you honestly think honest Arum would allow JCC Jr to beat Pac?

Not when Pac beating an "undefeated" son of a Legend who's beaten Floyd's trainer uncle Roger previously would boost Pac's "cred" of not only beating an "undefeated" fighter with a record to mirror Floyd's but also the son of a legend who's beaten Floyd's Uncle as promotion for a future Floyd Pac fight.

JCC Jr is never going anywhere. He just collects wins and checks off of bums.

They'd use that whole thing to feed their cash cow. All the genral public will know is JCC Jr is "undefeated" like Floyd and his legendary father beat Floyd's trainer Uncle Roger. Plus have it around Cinco de Mayo...Big promotional and negotiation "leverage" against Floyd.

Media, fans, general public. Not that anyone with any brains or who actually watches the sport will matter what the "win" for Manny actually meant.

Comment

Originally posted by HandSpeed303 View Post
                    I don't know how many of you listen to the JT the Brick show, but they annouced tonite that the fight would be moved to May 7th, and that it would be against JMM....

JT the Brick, and Tom Looney are huge boxing fans, and are on point with 98% of the things they report...

I would have prefered Berto, but hey, lets get it!!!...If ture.
                    against JMM eww, atleast Mosley is bigger and have power.

Next time you know you see him eating his **** in 24/7/

Comment

Originally posted by PAC&PBFsuck View Post
                      You don't read news very often. Margarito got 3 million dollars not included PPV upsides. So Margarito got 6 million that includes PPV Profits,

Marquez is asking 5 million + PPV Profits higher than what Cotto and Margarito got.

Comment

Working...
                      X