Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alex Ariza on Khan-Maidana "Diaz is a sorry ass trainer" (VIDEO)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KrisSilver View Post
    Ariza is playing too big for his boots, sheesh.

But he's right Diaz is a bit shadey. Apparently he told Maidana not to touch gloves and instead punch, and they spilled water in they're corner so Khan would trip whilst on the move, which Cortez cleaned up with their towel.

As for the gloves, I don't get Ariza's point. I thought basically Reebok made the gloves too heavy and that's that. Using the heavier gloves surely woulda been more cushioned and served to help Maidana, so they'd have let him use em then?
    The shots Maidana hurt Amir with were clean punches, more padding on Amir's gloves wouldn't make much of a difference on what happened defensively. If Khan's team were worried about that, they would've chosen Grant gloves, which are even better for defense than Reebok.

The not touching gloves and spilling water on the canvas seem like grimy old school tricks, Diaz would tell Maidana to do.

Maidana can do better than Diaz, I'm not sure on strategy and being able to teach him, but as far as conditioning I've seen Maidana in better condition than that. Maidana got hit by clean punches against Kotelnik, still threw 1200+ punches, and finished the fight strong, much stronger than Kotelnik, who's known for coming on strong at the end of the fight.

Ariza sounds like an ass.

Comment

No matter what you want to say Ariza has no business saying Diaz is a sorry ass trainer. He has trained more world champions than Ariza could ever imagine. Point is, Ariza hasn't done crap. Stick to conditioning and leave the boxing up to the real trainers, i.e., Roach and Diaz. Just because you show up to a world championship fight in shape doesn't mean you will win. You win with tactions and real boxing "coaches" in your corner. Not some half baked nutrionist. :-)

Comment

He was a behind the scenes guy before he got into a fight with Michael Kontz. Then stupid people like Elie Sechback started interviewing him and giving him a forum to talk all his BS.

Pacquiao's next training camp will be interesting with Ariza looking over his shoulder in case Diaz takes a swing at him. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by ChainskiBum View Post
          twako is a devout *******. he believes in the holy trinity of roach, arum, and lord pacquiao but, their are also saints to them like in the catholic religion and ariza is one of their saints he has to believe what he says its ******* faith.
          didnt know i had a fan following me...

there, i replied to you, did i make your day?

Comment

Originally posted by Twako View Post
            didnt know i had a fan following me...

there, i replied to you, did i make your day?
            your just one of many. their are very few individual fans of manny. j-ro is an example independent thinking pac fan. not buying all of the bs he or his camp does or says but still enjoying him for his fighting. your just a believer of this new religion without the mental strength to question them when they say or do something wrong.

Comment

your just one of many. their are very few individual fans of manny. j-ro is an example independent thinking pac fan. not buying all of the bs he or his camp does or says but still enjoying him for his fighting. your just a believer of this new religion without the mental strength to question them when they say or do something wrong.
              stalker much?

Comment

I'm mad at myself for even knowing about this fa.gs existence

Comment

Originally posted by Twako View Post
                  stalker much?
                  your the same as a pacboy a pasawayako a cungle or a 007 geyweather. its possible that your just alts of 1 individual like akopaha but your not as well connected in your activities. thats why your just one of the followers

Comment

twako is a devout *******. he believes in the holy trinity of roach, arum, and lord pacquiao but, their are also saints to them like in the catholic religion and ariza is one of their saints he has to believe what he says its ******* faith.
                    Best **** I read all day. I give Khan props for putting up with this douche on his team.

Comment

Originally posted by j.one View Post
                      Ariza looks like a sketchy pedophile...Take the tests scumbag.

Comment

Working...
                      X