Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Amir Khan Badly Hurt, Holds On To Beat Maidana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree with most of what u are saying...

Originally posted by LeadUppercut View Post
    The bottom line is.....
    Khan fights the winner of Bradley/Alexander for all the marbles at 140.

Khan deserves huge credit for that performance, it was a superb effort.

As does Maidana BTW, big props to both guys.

Clearly, Khan is not ready for Mayweather, but come on, hands up who really thought he was? Thought so. How could he possibly have been ready for Mayweather? It doesn't happen by magic guys, and sparring with Pac is just that, sparring.

And anyone who thinks that Maidana was the man at 140 is dreaming. I like Maidana, but he is not on Bradley's level. And the "Bradley is feather-fisted" thing, is about as ridiculous as the "Khan has a glass-chin" thing.
    Both fighters put on an outstanding performance! The whole Khan/ Mayweather thing was in response to someone who wanted to compare this fight with Mayweather/Mosley as far as Khan's superiority over Maidana! It was clear to see that Khan has special God given gifts in the speed department but overall he is still a work in progress. He was very hittable by a much slower and uncoordinated opponent. Khan is a brilliant young talent, I take nothing away from him but either his defense has to improve or he will continue to be in life or death type situations when facing the top guys at 140 as well as 147! He will also pose a threat to anyone he faces because his offensive game an pure speed is very formidable even at this moment in his young career. The glass chin thing IMO is still something to keep an eye on because he was hit a few times but was hit only 1 time cleanly to the chin and the whole fight changed in an instant. Did he survive, Yes! Did he look good doing it, No! Can he get better, YES! WILL HE GET BETTER, WE SHOULD ALL HOPE SO! These guys are the future of our SPORT so we as Boxing fans have to be more supportive and get behind them in hopes that they will be the next super stars, like De la hoya, Mayweather and Pacquiao. It's just hard to when BOXING experts like Freddy Roach make statements like Khan has what is takes to defeat Mayweather and has Khan actually trying to convince the public that he can do it and then shows the flaws that would leave anyone saying CHILD PLEASE! LOL! IT WAS A GREAT FIGHT and I GIVE BOTH FIGHTERS PROPS!

Comment

• Originally posted by slickfox View Post
      I have 3 thoughts after watching this fight

1. it should have been stopped
      2. khan is nothing special
      3. 0 % chance to beat mayweather and 0.5% to win a round against mayweather
      You're dumb. Shut up now.

Can't believe this, we had a FOTY last night between arguably the 2 best 140lbers and the winner gets no credit from this guy named "slickfox"....more like "d!ckfox" if you ask me...

Comment

• I was really more impressed with Maidana that I was with Khan.

I'm now clearly a Maidana fan!!!

Comment

• A nice win for Khan, survived a tough fight against a big puncher in Maidana. It was a good fight I give props to both guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by naughtyboy100 View Post
            Both fighters put on an outstanding performance! The whole Khan/ Mayweather thing was in response to someone who wanted to compare this fight with Mayweather/Mosley as far as Khan's superiority over Maidana! It was clear to see that Khan has special God given gifts in the speed department but overall he is still a work in progress. He was very hittable by a much slower and uncoordinated opponent. Khan is a brilliant young talent, I take nothing away from him but either his defense has to improve or he will continue to be in life or death type situations when facing the top guys at 140 as well as 147! He will also pose a threat to anyone he faces because his offensive game an pure speed is very formidable even at this moment in his young career. The glass chin thing IMO is still something to keep an eye on because he was hit a few times but was hit only 1 time cleanly to the chin and the whole fight changed in an instant. Did he survive, Yes! Did he look good doing it, No! Can he get better, YES! WILL HE GET BETTER, WE SHOULD ALL HOPE SO! These guys are the future of our SPORT so we as Boxing fans have to be more supportive and get behind them in hopes that they will be the next super stars, like De la hoya, Mayweather and Pacquiao. It's just hard to when BOXING experts like Freddy Roach make statements like Khan has what is takes to defeat Mayweather and has Khan actually trying to convince the public that he can do it and then shows the flaws that would leave anyone saying CHILD PLEASE! LOL! IT WAS A GREAT FIGHT and I GIVE BOTH FIGHTERS PROPS!
            We are reading from the same page.

Great post btw, it was a real good fight, glad to hear that you enjoyed it.

But, everybody was saying that Maidana was gonna shatter Khan's glass jaw. Everybody was saying that Khan had a physical flaw that could not be rectified, and very few posters picked that he would be much more resilient at 140.

I picked it because Amir is 5'10" and Freddie immediately moved him up from lightweight, and the level of sparring that Khan has faced in the last 12 months would have uncovered any issues.

The thing is..... Maidana can rock anybody's boat, Khan did well to survive and soak that up. The glass-jaw myth, has been well-and-truly debunked.

Khan is just a kid, and like you said..... "he is still a work in progress".

Remember, even Mayweather got caught in his last outing.

Khan-haters don't wanna hear this.....
            ..... but, there are very few question marks hanging over this kid now.

And he will be much more aggressive when not facing a puncher like Maidana.
            Last edited by LeadUppercut; 12-13-2010, 03:27 AM.

Comment

• I'm not a khan fan but i give him credit for winning the fight, albeit a close one! but that's it, coz this khan hype was talking out of his ass that he's gonna dish the first loss to FLoyd, talking like he's at Pac's level. NO KHAN DO. Eking out a close decision from an opponent who was seen as a huge underdog is not exactly Class A, isn't it? Even thu he won, he was just exposed as a mere con, or at best good fighter with speed but without a decent power punch and a weak chin. a combo of those two weakenesses is a disaster waiting to happen, believe me.

Comment

• BTW, where's Wazaa ?

I bet some of you guys are real glad that he's not the vindictive sort, huh?

Comment

• If you guys had flamed me like what he got, you would be getting fuked over right now

Comment

• Originally posted by BadBrains View Post
                    was this taken after the fight?
                    look at Khan's face

Comment

• Khan has the skills but he needs to improve his conditioning, especially before he rises to the next level.

Comment

Working...
                      X