No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Amir Khan Badly Hurt, Holds On To Beat Maidana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
    Cortez didn't cheat for khan. He needs to let fighters fight when one hand is free. He certainly helped, but that's how he always ref's.
    That's how he always ref's, like a ****ty referee. Fair but firm my a$$. He sucks ball sacks like Laurence Cole and neither one should be allowed to referee title fights. And Joe Cortez getting inducted to the hall of fame is a slap in the face to boxing! Too bad Mitch Halpern took his life and Mills Lane got old! They weren't always perfect (hard to be when things happen so fast) however both were light years better than Cortez...

Just think, would Khan had survived if Cortez didn't keep breaking them when one hand is free? I hope to see a rematch (since it was a great fight) but knowing Khan, he will steer clear from Maidana....

Comment

• Khan proved his chin was not made of glass, but I agree with everyone here who says that fight should have been at least a draw. I have no comment about Cortez, I don't really pay that much attention to refs, the elbow thing was controversial but meh, either way Maidana was devastating Khan in the later rounds, Khan has more chin than I suspected but he still got rocked and ran to stay in the fight. by points he deserves to win, but with no glory.
      Maidana should be given just as lucrative a fight next as Khan might.
      FOTY in my book just a **** hair ahead of JMM/katsidis.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
        Khan proved his chin was not made of glass, but I agree with everyone here who says that fight should have been at least a draw. I have no comment about Cortez, I don't really pay that much attention to refs, the elbow thing was controversial but meh, either way Maidana was devastating Khan in the later rounds, Khan has more chin than I suspected but he still got rocked and ran to stay in the fight. by points he deserves to win, but with no glory. Maidana should be given just as lucrative a fight next as Khan might. FOTY in my book just a **** hair ahead of JMM/katsidis.
        I do agree that Khan showed a better chin than I thought he had as well. If Maidana would have caught him like that early I think he would have KO'd him. I imagine because Khan was draining himself to make 135 lbs that moving up to 140 lbs helped him out chin wise. Kinda like Cotto, whom people thought was chinny but when he moved up to 147 lbs, he seemed to take punches better than before. Maidana is being discussed for the loser of Bradley vs. Alexander and I think that is a great considering when Maidana fights, it's must see TV no matter the opponent (and it's a high profile opponent at that)...

Comment

• Originally posted by tlarry View Post
          Take your hats off to Khan/Maidana! It doesn't get any better than that no matter won. They both laid it on the line, win, lose, or draw. That's what Champions do. The best fight the best; that's the legacy that all the great did. Ali, Ray Robinson, Leonard, Hagler, Hearns, Duran, Dela Hoya. MAYWEATHER was probably home challenging his security guard; he doesn't have the balls to take a risk and take a risk in a brawl like Tonights fight. Khan didn't need this fight. Maidana is a dangerous fighter. But he stepped in and fought a warrior. Congrats to both these champions. Floyd, you're gutless; you'd never fight either of these guys and he won't fight Pacquiao either.
          Actually khan did need this fight otherwise hbo was going to drop him. And secondly he needed this fight to prove himself. I want to see a rematch personally. How about you ?

Comment

• cortez saved kahns ass

Comment

• Shoulda Woulda Coulda.

Khan won by UD.

Only Maidana kissed the canvas.

Comment

• I have 3 thoughts after watching this fight

1. it should have been stopped
                2. khan is nothing special
                3. 0 % chance to beat mayweather and 0.5% to win a round against mayweather

Comment

• Originally posted by SluggerFan View Post
                  That's how he always ref's, like a ****ty referee. Fair but firm my a$$. He sucks ball sacks like Laurence Cole and neither one should be allowed to referee title fights. And Joe Cortez getting inducted to the hall of fame is a slap in the face to boxing! Too bad Mitch Halpern took his life and Mills Lane got old! They weren't always perfect (hard to be when things happen so fast) however both were light years better than Cortez...

Just think, would Khan had survived if Cortez didn't keep breaking them when one hand is free? I hope to see a rematch (since it was a great fight) but knowing Khan, he will steer clear from Maidana....
                  Only guy we have left is Steve Smoger. They need to pass a law that says he is the only guy allowed to ref a title fight.

Comment

• Merchant still thinks alexander is the best at 140?? The guy needs his head examined, did he not see him get spanked by a finge contenter at home in his last fight and then bailed out by biased officials?? Khan did alrite but has a long way to go if he wants to be a p4p guy imo but dug in well to get the win

Comment

• How can anyone say that the fight should have been stopped ?

It was a title fight.

With the benefit of hindsight.....
                      Khan finished the fight on his feet, he was unhurt, and he won on the cards..... so a stoppage would have been premature, because even in hindsight it could not have been justified.

Had that fight been stopped, hoardes of Khan fan's would be saying Cortez you fuk that was a bull**** stoppage because Khan was unhurt and ahead on the cards while trying to defend his title.

Maidana couldn't finish Khan, that's just how it is.

I can't stand premature stoppages.

They make you feel like you just wasted 36 minutes of your life, and one of the fighters just wasted 3 months of his.
                      Last edited by LeadUppercut; 12-12-2010, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X