No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Amir Khan Badly Hurt, Holds On To Beat Maidana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zzat View Post
    You must be a Remedy Developer. I take that from you use of the "!=".
    I used to write applications. Now for my sins I'm a high-school teacher.

Comment

• Originally posted by matt73uk View Post
      What a great fight! Both fighters looked impressive but Khan clearly won the fight by a several rounds. Maidana had him on the ropes a few times and at one point it looked like it might get stopped but it didn't, probably because it's a championship fight and Khan holding the belt. It would have been harsh to stop it though and thankfully Cortez didn't as it went on to be one of the best fights in recent years.

Khan was desperately unlucky not to finish Maidana in the 1st round with that devastating body combo. You could say the same about Maidana in the 11th I think it was. Those incidents aside, Khan boxed well and had control of the fight for the majority of it.

Interesting to see the reaction on here as most have a hatred towards Khan for some reason. However he just took the best punches from the biggest puncher in the division and didn't go down so any talk about his chin or punch resistance should be wrapped up now. It's funny how all those haters are now saying Cortez should have stepped in and ended it or the decision went the wrong way on the scorecards which is absolute bull****.

A few hairy moments for Khan but ultimately it was a great deserved win and a big statement in the division.

And for the record, Joe Cortez has just been inaugerated into the boxing hall of fame at casanostra. He doesn't deserve the comments he's getting on here. He's one of the best referees of the last 50 years and deserves everyone's respect.
      I think that liver shot in the 1st rd really helped Khan later on in the fight. It must of took a hell of a lot of energy to get back up from that and continue fighting, which is why I think his punching power somewhat dropped, especially in the later rounds. He looked really ****ing winded around the 8th round or so. I think this is the main reason why he couldn't finish Khan off during and after the 10th round. The after effects of that 1st rd KO lingered on throughout the entire fight for Maidana.

Comment

• Khan clearly won the Fight agains a Tough Maidana but to compare him with Pacquiao's level is absolutely absurd.

Comment

• I haven't got the chance to watch the fight yet... Did Khan deserve the win?

Comment

• Amir "I have no chin" Khan....

I wonder if he will still be calling out Mayweather

Comment

• i dont get why ppl hate on khan so much, give respect where respect is due. ive noticed the khan fans have applauded maidana for the great fight despite his dirty antics, but haters wanna hate i guess.

the scariest part of this fight was i think we still have an unpolished, still learning khan... meaning he has much more potential to grow

Comment

• Originally posted by fallen9182 View Post
                Maidana won that damn fight. He absolutely SLAYED Khan towards the end of that.

JMM vs Katsidis was stopped while Katsidis was still on his feet by a MUCH BETTER referee, and he wasn't taking nearly the amount of punishment as Khan took. Why didn't Cortez stop this fight? Oh yeah thats right, cause Amir Khan is the next "Golden Boy" and no one wanted to ruin his image right?!

Bull****. Maidana was the only one looking to fight. He proved hes the only one with the balls. Thank the boxing gods for fighters like Maidana...otherwise we'd have a bunch of track runners in the ring who dont wan't to fight each other.
                Shut up please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Pesci View Post
                  I haven't got the chance to watch the fight yet... Did Khan deserve the win?
                  Yes. Plenty of people thinking otherwise despite Maidana's dirty antics and early knockdown. Maidana threw plenty of rabbit punches and Cortez would break em up, hence people saying Cortez was favoring Khan. Damn good fight though and hell yeah Maidana had his moments.

Comment

• Originally posted by Traveler1 View Post
                    I think that liver shot in the 1st rd really helped Khan later on in the fight. It must of took a hell of a lot of energy to get back up from that and continue fighting, which is why I think his punching power somewhat dropped, especially in the later rounds. He looked really ****ing winded around the 8th round or so. I think this is the main reason why he couldn't finish Khan off during and after the 10th round. The after effects of that 1st rd KO lingered on throughout the entire fight for Maidana.
                    So you're blaming a punch from Khan that kept Maidana from winning the fight? That's boxing isn't it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Brotherwoo View Post
                      Okay people, lets get real. AK outpointed MM. Did he impress with the win, No. Was the the fight exciting in the later rds Yes. Ak is not a great fighter nor is MM. Greatness is measured by what you have done in your career, not by one fight. AK won period. Does he have flaws, Yes. Let us see what he does in his next fight. P.S. AK did not pick MM as his opponent as reported several times during the broadcast. Hbo forced the fight or AK was going to be dropped. PLEASE GOOGLE this info and you will read the interview that Hbo gave supporting what I just wrote.
                      You say Amir Khan did not impress last night? People like you should be banned from sites like this.

Stfu already. Your rationale makes no sense, since what a boxer does throughout their career is an accumulation of many "one" fights like this one. Amir Khan and Marcos Maidana put on an amazing display last night. Gtfo already with your broke philosophy.

Comment

Working...
                      X