Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how much was jmm's guarantee against wifebeater jr? $5 million?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
    having the benefit of the 1st two classic fights and this fight being in demand more so then the Cotto fight I really don't see how this fight will sell less

anyway the Floyd fight sold better then expected and we do know this will sell more so I really don't see the problem with Marquez asking for a 5 mil guarantee if Manny will make his 15 mil + PPV
    wait... jmm got $5 milllion for wifebeater jr? and you think pac/jmm will outsell jmm/wifebeater jr?

Comment

The truth is JMM deserves as much as Margacheato made against Manny.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_Por_Libra View Post
        Why makes you think Arum wants Manny to fight JMM?

Pull**** hating again.
        that's not the topic of the thread. the topic is how much did jmm make for the pac fight? $5 million?

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
          wait... jmm got $5 milllion for wifebeater jr? and you think pac/jmm will outsell jmm/wifebeater jr?
          Pac vs. JMM should outsell JMM vs. Floyd because this fight would be a trilogy and people have been demanding this fight for years. Nobody was demanding to see JMM vs. Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
            that's not the topic of the thread. the topic is how much did jmm make for the pac fight? $5 million?
            I answered your ****** question a long time ago. Go look for it in this thread.

Comment

Pac - Marquez 3 will do low ppv numbers because the public wants an african-american next for pac. Marquez is overpricing himself.

Comment

Originally posted by jasbar View Post
                Pac - Marquez 3 will do low ppv numbers because the public wants an african-american next for pac. Marquez is overpricing himself.
                The public wants Manny to fight the best instead of cherry picking. The public doesn't give a **** what color his skin is because they just want the best fighting the best.

Comment

The public wants Manny to fight the best instead of cherry picking. The public doesn't give a **** what color his skin is because they just want the best fighting the best.
                  The americans love Mosley more than Marquez. Only a few know Marquez. They will buy the ppv if it is Mosley.

Comment

I got news for you JMM is not the best for Pac at this point.. Its just a bad alternative to an even worse match in Pac/Mosley....A JMM win over Katsidis is way overrated...I would rather have Pac fight Berto, or the winner of Alexander/Bradley fight..

JMM is pricing himself out of this match.. He should be thankful that Team Pac are even lookin at him as a possible next opponent...

Comment

Originally posted by pbftxrs316 View Post
                      pull, i hate to disagree with you--seeing how much i respect you(sarcasm)lol--but i think the fight could do 1.25 if promoted well---they have a score to settle---both of the fights were classic bouts--the fans would eat it up--if they ate up manny and margarito--then they damn sure will eat up the trilogy of pacman/jmm---i mean, did you expect floyd and jmm to do that well on ppv? did anybody expect it? floyd outselling his fight with hatton and manny's fight with hatton?

pull, think about this kiddo---manny's highest grossing ppv bout was 1.25 will de la hoya and cotto---floyd and jmm barely sold less than that--and floyd and shane barely sold more than jmm/fm---and shane is supposed to be the bigger draw seeing how he's been in bigger fights compared to jmm---

i mean oscar and tito sold 1.4 million, and that fight was as even as it gets---floyd and jmm was floyd(who is supposedly boring and hated so much due to his brash lifestyle and arrogant persona) coming out of retirement, fighting the guy who sold little with pacquiao(who is the more exciting fighter compared to mayweather, and more beloved than floyd) and juan coming from a smaller weight class fighting a bigger man who overmatched him--and it still sold well, and ranks as one of the highest grossing fights in boxing ppv history---put all of these pieces together pull---
                      so, even though jmm didn't get a $5 million guarantee against wifebeater jr, he deserves $5 million guarantee with pac because

1) he's more skillful than marg
                      2) they have history
                      3) jmm lost to pac 2x

considering that, it makes sense.... but if we weigh that against

1) jmm is ineffective above lightweight
                      2) jmm lost every round to wifebeater
                      3) jmm would probably lose to any top 5 WW

it doesn't really justify a $5 million guarantee purse... and if we look at the fact that jmm didn't get a $5 milllion guarantee against wifebeater... that kinda tips the balance towards jmm begging for $5 milllion as a somewhat ridiculous demand...

Comment

Working...
                      X