No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao's Adviser: Mayweather Waiting For Manny To Age

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by guru View Post
    steroids and hgh cant. unless theres somthing out there IDK about, there is nothing u can take that will be in and out in less then a week and provide and significant advantage
    yea pretty much, that was the reason behind my above comment.

Comment

• Originally posted by balintawak View Post
      People who keep bringing up this issue are a joke.

There comes a time in the training regiment when there is no added value in taking PEDs. Usually about a week before an event, training slows down so that the athlete can rest, relax and prepare. Football players, Olympic athletes and all well trained boxers do this.

If Manny takes PEDs, the time to take it would be early so that his body would have time to build mass and so that he would have time to get used to his newly built muscles. He also has to stop taking it early enough so that it won't be detected in his system.

Taking PEDs up to the very last second before a fight is completely useless! Trying to cover this up from all the prying eyes of the media would be difficult and stressful. Everyone in his whole team, including friends and family are watching his every move. They would all have to be involved in this massive cover-up. He has a huge entourage of people hanging around him, so there was anything fishy this information would have leaked out long ago. So far, the only thing fishy about Pacquaio is the fish sauce and 'bagoong' he uses in his food.

Use some common sense people. This is why the testers themselves stopped testing Mosley and Mayweather over a week before their fight.
      So get over it, 'Full Random' testing will always have a reasonable cutoff date.
      I have repped you with green k!

Great posting. PEDs and/or Steroids' purpose is to give athletes LONGER DURATION OF PRACTICE WITHOUT FATIGUE AND WEARING OUT and a week before the fight, who trains rigorously at that?

NO ONE.

A week before the fight, it is time to relax a bit. Th Quiet Before the Storm if you will.

I've also posted this to augment your great posting:

It isn't about age though the phraseology used is "waiting for Pacquiao to age"...the more apt phraseology should be:

• waiting for Pacquiao to slow down

What's the difference?

Mayweather's style is aggressive defense. Meaning even if he is up there with lots of mileage, age and then some - he can last because he is relatively unscathed. He is healthy and untouched (a big credit to his cerebral style as well as his physical style).

Pacquiao's style is gung-ho-aggressive-style that is unnatural. (Not suggestin drugs) But the regiments he has to go through, the tedious and rigorous training, the amount of calories and proteins he has to consume and simply, his physical style of full-throttle that needs to dish out piston-like combinations...would simply wear Pacquiao out very soon.

I can see him already in a decline fast. And as a Pacquiao fan, it is saddening to see it.

Sure he is a freak and an awesome physical specimen but his body is also breaking down. And with the financial successes, political responsibilities AND the crowns he has collected all these time...you can really hear him saying that he is satisfied.

The body and emotion now on the brink of saying "I will retire"...and sure enough he doesn't need to tell us.

Mayweather is older but albeit a well-honed and maintained machine of a fighter (physically) and waiting for Pacquiao to "age" has nothing to do with the literal age.

Comment

• Originally posted by JSS View Post
        But when Mosley fought May-never, he was the top 5 P4P. Now should Mosley fight Pac he's an old man? You HYPOCRISTES - Mosley was an old man when Fraud fought him to; just b/c he fought Fraud your hyping him up then saying something else when Mosley's fighting Pac...really? You don't think anyone can see your ploy?
        Mosley was the man AT 147. Floyd was soooo scared of him too that people placed bets that Floyd wouldn't even get in the ring with him. Remeber? Fact is chief, Mosley was THE #1 WW. Floyd beat him. I'm not hyping him up. It is what it is, Floyd was called out to fight him. He did and he BEAT the #1 WW with NO CATCHWEIGHT no BS. (when's the last time Pac did this? Go ahead I'll wait).

This is the EXACT same shyt people said about Baldo in 2006 who was THE #1 WW at the time. Floyd moved UP to WW and beat the TOP 2 out of 3 WW's right from the start. Floyd fought #3 WW in Judah and people said he ducked the #1 WW in Baldo. He then fought and beat Baldo. He THEN moved up to JMW and beat Hoya with all the dissadvantages. No bs, no catchweights, no nothing in his favor. He was later bashed as he just beat bigger guys that was rated TOP 3 in WW and JMW. No catchweights, no bs. (again when was the last time Pac did this?)

Point being Floyd gets bashed no matter what he does even when he beats the #1 guys in that divsion or moves up and fights guys at there weight. Yet here you are attempting to justify Pac fighting a fighter NOT even RANKED as a WW. Just like fighting ****rito at a catchweight when he wasnt even ranked as a JMW. lol THE IRONY! Or Clottey who was #5 WW. lol WEAK!

Anyway you cant even argue shyt, as PAC wanted NOTHING to do with this "old" Mosley that was labeled as "too good" from 141-147 you speak of, so STFU already. Floyd fought him when he WAS the man to beat and when Pac said "NO" you're "too good" floyd said "YES". PERIOD DOT. End of story no excuses.

The irony is now that Mosley is in fact about to be 40 and hasnt won a fight in nearly 2 years. GUESS WHO WANTS TO FIGHT HIM? lol GUESS WHO WANTS TO FIGHT COTTO AT 154 AND IGNORE MARTINEZ?

Comment

• Originally posted by yesir View Post
          he did alot more than pac by accepting pacs demands but pac refused his ater agreeing to it.

its called compromising within reason and floyd did everything possible even givig pac the 14 days he asked for just to have pac refuse.

you *******s are ******. there is no question. you clowns will justify everything for pacroid
          i was just correcting the statement made that floyd did EVERYTHING to make the fight happen. he did not. he stood by the testing demand while pac refused to to do something that was, for the most part unheard of, in pro boxing

Comment

• the comments about random blood testing up until fight night because if theres a cut off date then manny can still juice up is funnnny! i always thought in order for the steriods or whatever PED to take effect on u, it has to be taken in a longer period of time. i didnt know that u can take steriods the day before a fight and come in looking and feeling like hulk..

Comment

• Originally posted by iNDOLiFER View Post
              the comments about random blood testing up until fight night because if theres a cut off date then manny can still juice up is funnnny! i always thought in order for the steriods or whatever PED to take effect on u, it has to be taken in a longer period of time. i didnt know that u can take steriods the day before a fight and come in looking and feeling like hulk..
              You, my son, are a dumbass for even posting some shiiittt like this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing's Truth View Post
                You, my son, are a dumbass for even posting some shiiittt like this.
                u my daughter is even more dumber by responding to something u thought was dumb to begin with lol..

Comment

• Mosley desperately wants to fight pound-for-pound king Manny Pacquiao in the fall. He wants it so badly that he said he is willing to drop down into the low 140s to make the fight with the junior welterweight champ. He also said he'll ask for only 40 percent of the fight purse.

But Pacquiao and his promoter, Top Rank's Bob Arum, still haven't bitten. They seem much more interested in making a November fight with Miguel Cotto, Arum's other star fighter. Cotto won a bloody and highly competitive split decision against Joshua Clottey on Saturday to retain his version of the welterweight crown. Pacquiao sat ringside with Arum and told him during the fight, in which Cotto struggled at times, that he wanted to fight Cotto next.

http://espn.go.com/sports/boxing/blo...s-bid-pacquiao
                  Wanted to fight a struggling Cotto before a winning Mosley?

Mosley, however, says he is not going to let weight stand in the way of a fight with Pacquiao, so he is willing to make concessions.

For the first time, Mosley said he is willing to drop below 147 pounds and meet Pacquiao at a catch weight.

"I want it to be known that I want to fight Pacquiao and I want to fight him now," Mosley said. "I'm willing to meet at a catch weight to make that happen. I know this is what [Pacquiao trainer] Freddie Roach wants as well, as he has previously stated this to press. I am the best fighter in boxing and I am ready to reclaim the title of No. 1 pound-for-pound fighter."

Mosley didn't make it clear how low he would be willing to drop, but you have to figure he would need to make at least 144 pounds. Mosley weighed 146 for a few welterweight fights, but hasn't been lower than that since 1999, when he made his last lightweight title defense
                  at 135 pounds.

http://espn.go.com/sports/boxing/blo...t-get-pacquiao
                  Still Pac avoided him. Now he wants Shane when Mosley looks
                  about done.

Interesting stuff from the new article...

"In the end," Roach says, "if we had given in on the blood testing, it would have been like giving Mayweather the first round. Why would we do that?

"Manny hates needles. He said that's what cost him the first [Erik] Morales fight [March 2005]. We made a mistake on that one. Nevada has every boxer give blood once a year, and Manny hadn't done that, so we had to do it the night before the fight, just like Mayweather wanted. Manny said it made him weak for three days. Even if they took blood from him 14 days before the fight, that would have meant I lose him on key sparring days 14, 13, and 12 days out."

"Shane came to the gym twice to ask me to let him fight Manny," Roach says. "I told him no both times, and both times for the same two reasons: First, there isn't enough money there, and second, you're too good a fighter."

Still, the loss of the Pacquiao-Mayweather mega-fight, one that could have put as much as $40 million in each fighter's pocket, hangs in the Wild Card Gym like the smell of body odor.

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f53/fr...quiao-1143464/
                  Manny Pacquiao is a hype machine/fraud. Exciting and good
                  fighter but definitely the match making KING of Boxing.
                  Last edited by GRUSTLER; 12-07-2010, 01:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by iNDOLiFER View Post
                    the comments about random blood testing up until fight night because if theres a cut off date then manny can still juice up is funnnny! i always thought in order for the steriods or whatever PED to take effect on u, it has to be taken in a longer period of time. i didnt know that u can take steriods the day before a fight and come in looking and feeling like hulk..
                    EPO can clear the system in two to four days and thus no postfight drug screening could catch it. The fighter would use it until a week or so before the fight, gain all of its benefits, cycle off and then pass the test. If you had no testing until after the fights, the boxers could dope with impunity.

thats why floyd wants pac to test at random

Comment

• Are you sure it's EPO?

Comment

Working...
                      X