Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Richard SCHAEFER in the Steroid Lawsuit: "PACQUIAO's Head Has Gotten Bigger".

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AFighter4U View Post
    Proportionately more? How so? Do you have concrete numbers to prove that? How do you know its not merely your perceiving based on what you believe?

In this forum alone its just the same people hating Pac over and over. With some exceptions, the same people light up the forums by making NUMEROUS THREADS about Pac.

You yourself are a PERFECT EXAMPLE. How many threads about Pac have you made?

Just because they're so vocal, it doesn't equate to numbers.

Besides. People don't NEED to bring up tiger's alleged PED use when they have even better fodder to work with, which is obviously Tiger and his woman troubles, as well as his abysmal performance lately. THOSE are Tiger's hot buttons right now.
    Sigh.

OK, you're right. You win.

Manny is more beloved than Tiger.

Comment

• special athletes have been moving around in weight for some time now

boxers in lower weight classes dont eat 5000 calories a day

manny eats 5000 calories a day

he's going to gain weight
      it's going to show all over

additionally manny started his career when he was VERY young. floyd was an amature in the years manny started his professional career, and the weights at which they were fighting arent super far off from eachother if you're looking at the ages.

go check out some pictures of your friends from highschool in their yearbooks
      they will virtually all be larger

and their heads will certainly be larger

the neck is big and muscular
      check out the neck of the best athletes you know
      garantee its got some muscle there
      check out that same athletes face
      there's muscle there

when that athete gains weight its going to show up in his face

when that athlete starts limiting his intake of calories, running and training in a sweatsuit (anything else that a fighter might do to lose weight / fight at lower weights) he's going to lose mass in his head and face

richard shaefer is losing my respect with this sort of BS

ODLH, HAtton, Cotto, all those guys had been stopped, and are now considered shot or shopworn fighters

marquez has never been stopped
      barerra (who was cited as an opponent who hurt pacquiao and that he couldnt hurt) was stopped by pacquiao at an even lower weight

having trouble making a weight robs the body (and brain) of water
      manny at 112 was stopped

he jumped to 122 (skipping weight classes)
      evidence that he was a larger man than his fighting weight might lead on

naz richardson said it best
      Manny pacquiao fooled everybody that he's a small guy

he began his career when he was litterally a boy at 98 lbs (with 7 lbs of rocks in his pockets)
      and grew into his current body (most experts think manny is a natural lightweight or big jr lightweight)

christ almighty, shaefer is losing it
      this is pitiful
      Last edited by New England; 12-07-2010, 11:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
        Sigh.

OK, you're right. You win.

Manny is more beloved than Tiger.
        Actually, that was never my assertion in the first place. You originally pointed out that more people questioned Pac of his PED use than Tiger.

I simply disagreed.

My assertion is that Pac's detractors are not really more numerous but merely more VOCAL.
        Last edited by AFighter4U; 12-07-2010, 11:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
          special athletes have been moving around in weight for some time now

boxers in lower weight classes dont eat 5000 calories a day

manny eats 5000 calories a day
          And the question that people ask is this:

If Manny has to force-feed all those extra calories just to make 144, then why can't he fight at 140?

Is that an unreasonable question?

BTW, I thought I read some folks say 7,000 calories.

Comment

If Manny has to force-feed all those extra calories just to make 144, then why can't he fight at 140?

Pac hasn't decided who to fight next yet and everything else is mere speculation and all details of proposals for fights are what they are: proposals.

Its all part of the negotiation process of course where each fighter is vying to get the upper hand. Nothing is written in stone yet, no contracts are signed, so any weeping and gnashing of teeth about Pac's next opponent is a total waste of energy. One could speculate, but i wouldn't advise investing emotionally on it.

Unless of course, if crying or complaining about something that doesn't exist or hasn't happened yet is your thing, then do whatever makes you happy.

Personally, i definitely would prefer that IF Pac would fight Marquez, it should be at 140. OR Martinez at 154, OR floyd at 147.

Comment

Kabayan,

I think that one factor that nobody has brought up yet is AGE. Pacquiao has been climbing weights recently and his age is getting up there gradually. Our bodies (his body is exceptional) is getting acclimated with the 145ish weight walking around.

Dang, I wish I can weigh at that level right now but those were my high-school days. As one gets older, usually...the heavier weight is more preferable most specially that he has been consuming that much of calories and food intake.

And he doesn't work out "everyday" and only those 3 months before the fight. He is fit and conditioned...and in shape, that's not the question. But this thing is creeping up on him now and thus many advisers (doctors included) have whispered too many in his ears recently.

Going up and down in weight is really bad and though 140 is very, very, very doable for him, I think that 145 to 147 is his comfort weight now.

Now I would like to agree that to silence his critics (at least the Marquez's camp), then he can fight at 140.

But whether to usurp every inch and ounce (puns) of advantages over Marquez is really quite understandable. He has been fighting heavier weights.

So maybe a catchweight would do. 144?

I don't know. But one thing is certain is that the Marquez camp are really getting desperate to fight him and call him out despite their grammatical error or typographical error in:

• PACQUIAO YOUR NEXT!

Despite this...I do think that Marquez does earn the "right" to fight Pacquiao. To beat Pacquiao is of another issue.

Pacquiao would rout him this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by AFighter4U View Post
                Pac hasn't decided who to fight next yet and everything else is mere speculation and all details of proposals for fights are what they are: proposals.
                How was it speculation when they said "147 or no fight"?

That isn't speculative... that is a direct quote.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=33333

I am merely asking how it is possible that you have to feed a guy 7,000 calories a day to get him up to 144, but then you would have to "starve him" (another quote) to "go down to 142 or 143".

In Mayweather's absence, a plan for PacMan
                November, 30, 2010
                Nov 30
                3:19
                PM ET

* Email
                * Print
                * Comments199

In the wake of Saturday night's HBO fight card -- on which Juan Manuel Marquez stopped Michael Katsidis in the ninth round of a terrific fight to retain the lightweight title and Andre Berto destroyed no-hoper Freddy Hernandez in the first round to retain a welterweight strap -- both winners kept themselves squarely in the hunt for a spring fight with pound-for-pound king Manny Pacquiao. Also under consideration by Top Rank promoter Bob Arum is Shane Mosley, despite his two lackluster performances in a row and an 0-1-1 record in those fights.

Marquez, Berto and Mosley all want Pacquiao badly -- the fight means big money -- and one of them will get him, because the way things look, Floyd Mayweather Jr. isn't going to fight him in the spring. Mayweather has avoided Pacquiao, and now the choice might be out of his hands anyway because Mayweather is jammed up with serious legal charges stemming from an alleged domestic incident in September. His first court date is in late January, and this could drag out for awhile. It seems doubtful he'll be available to fight May 7, which is when that fight was ticketed for.

So that leaves one member of the aforementioned trio to fight Pacquiao. The date for Pacquiao to fight somebody other than Mayweather is April 16, from what Arum told me.

If it were up to me, Pacquiao would fight Marquez in a third fight and do it at a reasonable weight of, say, no more than 142 pounds.

Arum, however, said no way. He said if Marquez wants the fight, the contract would be at 147.

"The weight is 147, that's clear. It's 147 because I'm sick and tired of the discussions on this weight stuff," said Arum, who is only sick and tired of the weight discussions when it is not to his benefit. "Marquez went in the ring at 145 to fight Katsidis and Manny went in at 148 pounds when he fought Antonio Margarito, and that's the only weight that concerns me.

"Manny Pacquiao is a congressman from the Philippines, and he's not going to struggle to make weight. Period. End of story. It's 147 on the contract and he'll probably come in at 144, but we won't make him come in under 147."

Comment

• Originally posted by fabie View Post
                  Kabayan,

So maybe a catchweight would do. 144?

I.
                  November, 30, 2010
                  Nov 30
                  PM ET

If it were up to me, Pacquiao would fight Marquez in a third fight and do it at a reasonable weight of, say, no more than 142 pounds.

Arum, however, said no way. He said if Marquez wants the fight, the contract would be at 147.

"The weight is 147, that's clear. It's 147 because I'm sick and tired of the discussions on this weight stuff," said Arum, who is only sick and tired of the weight discussions when it is not to his benefit. "Marquez went in the ring at 145 to fight Katsidis and Manny went in at 148 pounds when he fought Antonio Margarito, and that's the only weight that concerns me.

"Manny Pacquiao is a congressman from the Philippines, and he's not going to struggle to make weight. Period. End of story. It's 147 on the contract and he'll probably come in at 144, but we won't make him come in under 147."

Comment

November, 30, 2010
                    Nov 30
                    PM ET

I agree.....

Here's a posting I did minutes ago on another thread about Mayweather "waiting for Pacquiao to age". I really think it is relevant:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...&postcount=133

It isn't about age though the phraseology used is "waiting for Pacquiao to age"...the more apt phraseology should be:

• waiting for Pacquiao to slow down

What's the difference?

Mayweather's style is aggressive defense. Meaning even if he is up there with lots of mileage, age and then some - he can last because he is relatively unscathed. He is healthy and untouched (a big credit to his cerebral style as well as his physical style).

Pacquiao's style is gung-ho-aggressive-style that is unnatural. (Not suggestin drugs) But the regiments he has to go through, the tedious and rigorous training, the amount of calories and proteins he has to consume and simply, his physical style of full-throttle that needs to dish out piston-like combinations...would simply wear Pacquiao out very soon.

I can see him already in a decline fast. And as a Pacquiao fan, it is saddening to see it.

Sure he is a freak and an awesome physical specimen but his body is also breaking down. And with the financial successes, political responsibilities AND the crowns he has collected all these time...you can really hear him saying that he is satisfied.

The body and emotion now on the brink of saying "I will retire"...and sure enough he doesn't need to tell us.

Mayweather is older but albeit a well-honed and maintained machine of a fighter (physically) and waiting for Pacquiao to "age" has nothing to do with the literal age.

Comment

Working...
                    X