No announcement yet.

[VID] Khan on the Pads with Freddie - Today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Plaster...Sad. View Post
    Khan is fast but I don't quite see his speed as being that impressive.
    Great day at the media workout and good seeing all the top fighters and ex fighters there. I was told I was very sharp and strong. I'm only working at 50% due to hard training yesterday and this morning.
    http://tmi.me/3Hwiv

Amir only went 50%.

Amir is faster then Manny:

watch from 0:39-1:38. Especially at 0:57 and 1:15:

Comment

well, he better use that speed well or he's going to be....

Comment

Originally posted by popsikal View Post
        no way. this is as fast as he gets. can't improve someone's punching speed by speacial workouts. a fighter is born with speed or not, i dont think it can be develloped. It was said Cotto trained for speed against pacquaio....cant do it.
        Look at this master trainer trying to tell people you can't improve your punching speed lmao. I guess he had the same speed when he was in his diapers.

Of course you can develop speed if you modify the way you train your arm and shoulder muscles. So why is it that athletes can improve on their sprint timings year after year and boxers can't develop their punching speed? Sure both sports use different techniques and muscle groups but there is always scope for improving any attribute.

Comment

[QUOTE=CineScape;9702852]well, he better use that speed well or he's going to be....

All he has to do is use Roach's fight strategy and tat would mostly be to use his long jab and fight on the outside. All he has to do is control the fight by being patient and win every round and to not fight Maidana's fight or it will be lights out for Amir.

Comment

Originally posted by Plaster...Sad. View Post
            Khan is fast but I don't quite see his speed as being that impressive.
            Wait til you see him in the ring. He is possibly the fastest hitter in boxing right now.

Comment

Originally posted by SP1 View Post
              Look at this master trainer trying to tell people you can't improve your punching speed lmao. I guess he had the same speed when he was in his diapers.

Of course you can develop speed if you modify the way you train your arm and shoulder muscles. So why is it that athletes can improve on their sprint timings year after year and boxers can't develop their punching speed? Sure both sports use different techniques and muscle groups but there is always scope for improving any attribute.

Has a boxer who was slow in the past gotten faster? don't think so. Fighters only slow down, after their mid 20s. maybe with enhancment drugs you can punch faster, but working out certain muscles will only make you hit harder. And sprinters are born, everyone knows that.

Comment

Where Khan's handspeed measures up with he very best in boxing is a matter of debate. Khan throws a lot of shots, but he also throws mostly arm punches, go watch the Kotelnik fight. He rarely if ever sits down on anything and that's why he gets them off so fast.

Contrast that with Juan Manuel Marquez who digs his feet into the canvas and lets 4 shot combos rip before his opponent knows what hit him. Marquez does damage, Khan shines guys shoes.

Like I said, it's debateable.

What isn't debateable is his chin. It's the worst in the sport p4p and probably the worst chin that I have ever witnessed on a fighter so gifted with skills.

Even the average journeyman can take one of the whiskers better than Amir.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
                  Where Khan's handspeed measures up with he very best in boxing is a matter of debate. Khan throws a lot of shots, but he also throws mostly arm punches, go watch the Kotelnik fight. He rarely if ever sits down on anything and that's why he gets them off so fast.

Contrast that with Juan Manuel Marquez who digs his feet into the canvas and lets 4 shot combos rip before his opponent knows what hit him. Marquez does damage, Khan shines guys shoes.

Like I said, it's debateable.

What isn't debateable is his chin. It's the worst in the sport p4p and probably the worst chin that I have ever witnessed on a fighter so gifted with skills.

Even the average journeyman can take one of the whiskers better than Amir.
                  Have you seen the salita or Earl fights.

Comment

At any point in time, if Maidana lands one big one...it'll be lights out for Khan. Unfortunately for Maidana though, i don't see that happening. The only advantage I see Maidana having in this fight is that he has more KO power. Other than that I think Khan takes this ine a fairly one sided Decision, hell, maybe even a late stoppage.

Comment

Working...
                    X