Collapse
No announcement yet.

[VID] Khan on the Pads with Freddie - Today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ariza said that they've been working on conditioning and have only really started working on Khan's speed recently. So I think it's safe to say that Khan will be much faster than this come fight-night.

Comment

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
      Dude's one punch speed is insane especially considering how long his arms are. Combos (even 1-2) don't look nearly as quick and fluid as Pac/Roach's pad work.
      That is the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by £-4-£ View Post
        Ariza said that they've been working on conditioning and have only really started working on Khan's speed recently. So I think it's safe to say that Khan will be much faster than this come fight-night.
        no way. this is as fast as he gets. can't improve someone's punching speed by speacial workouts. a fighter is born with speed or not, i dont think it can be develloped. It was said Cotto trained for speed against pacquaio....cant do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Plaster...Sad. View Post
          Khan is fast but I don't quite see his speed as being that impressive.
          I know, it's more like amatuerish speed, like he doesnt have very relaxed solid punches, he throws short punches to make it seem more rapid fire the the velocity isnt that high. He's not even as quick as May or Pac in that aspect. His jab is fast though.

Comment

Originally posted by popsikal View Post
            no way. this is as fast as he gets. can't improve someone's punching speed by speacial workouts. a fighter is born with speed or not, i dont think it can be develloped. It was said Cotto trained for speed against pacquaio....cant do it.
            ehh cotto was pretty fast in the pac fight, esp the first few rounds. Then he just got caught.

Comment

why is he hitting mits with 12oz gloves???

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
                I know, it's more like amatuerish speed, like he doesnt have very relaxed solid punches, he throws short punches to make it seem more rapid fire the the velocity isnt that high. He's not even as quick as May or Pac in that aspect. His jab is fast though.
                Watch the 1-2 that put Salita on his arse after 10 seconds, then see if you still think he doesn't have 'relaxed solid punches'

Comment

and he thinks he would beat floyd easily?lol--he needs serious help---i see him getting floored by maidana early and fighting scared if he gets up--and that's a big if-lol--

Comment

Originally posted by popsikal View Post
                    You can train for anything, so I don't believe someone can't train to make themselves faster. And Cotto did look fast in the beginning of that fight even the announcers pointed it out. Tho Cotto to me has never been exactly slow like some people claim.

Comment

Khan's jab will be a huge factor. As indicated on this video and his other fights, his jab is lightning quick. If he constantly keeps it in Maidana's face, it'll be a comfortable night. However, will it break Maidana's will to come forward? God only knows how Khan's chin will react if he's caught cleanly by Maidana...

Comment

Working...
                      X