No announcement yet.

15 rd fights need to return

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who the hell wants to watch a 15 rd fight... that is way too long

I liked Hearns... had no idea who won the fight with him and Ray till I watched. Here I was thinking 15 rd was back in the 60's and 70's and these mutha****as go past 12 only for Hearns to lose in the 14th. I was mad

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
      12 rds any good boxer can train for,it takes an elite fighter to go 15,it takes there mind body and soul,most of the best fights in history were 15 rds,imagine Ali Frazier going 12,we would have missed some of the greatest rds ever,or Leonard Hearns,literally would have changed boxing history,instead of a 14th rd ko hearns would have won by dominate decision.

And please do not pull the fighters safety card,fighters are still getting brains injuries and such,its a part of the sport like it or not.

I do not know about anyone else but i am sick of my sports being pussified,for the money they get payed i expect and deserve brutality,otherwise its uninteresting.

I personally think the 12 round distance is one of the reasons why Boxing tactics/strategy has evolved so much, its easier box and move for 12, than it is for 15 where by your movement can catch upto you, make you pay a price for expending too much energy, which has the potential become a major factor in a 15 round fight. Can you imagine Jermain Taylor going 15, or Miguel Cotto?

In those 15 round fights, the championship rounds found out whether you had any substance behind your skills, it became less about how good a Boxer you are, more about how much staying power you had, how much dog you had inside if required to dog it out, it was a true test of will and skill.

Comment

Originally posted by Dro View Post
        no! maybe i'm to young but 15round fights bore me.
        Well it depends on the fight. Some of those 15 round fights back in the day were absolutely tremendous.

Comment

mark it takes A LOT to barely go 3 rounds in the AM...
          I respect fighters who go 12 gtfo with this pussified crap

Comment

It reminds me of when people play revisionist historian, they will take Mayweather in his prime, and suggest he would beat someone like Arguello, and in a 12 rounder, maybe!, but lets take Mayweather out of his comfort zone, put him! into Arguello's era, and see if Arguello doesn't catch upto him in the 14/15 round, which he was renowned for doing.

Im not arguing who would win, just that people like to handicap older fighters by putting them in their environment(12 round fights).

Comment

I seen that **** in ya avi dro

It was weak though

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
                I personally think the 12 round distance is one of the reasons why Boxing tactics/strategy has evolved so much, its easier box and move for 12, than it is for 15 where by your movement can catch upto you, make you pay a price for expending too much energy, which has the potential become a major factor in a 15 round fight. Can you imagine Jermain Taylor going 15, or Miguel Cotto?

In those 15 round fights, the championship rounds found out whether you had any substance behind your skills, it became less about how good a Boxer you are, more about how much staying power you had, how much dog you had inside if required to dog it out, it was a true test of will and skill.
                Originally posted by Dan... View Post
                I'm not getting worked up mate, and I am harsh, that is just the way it is.

There just seems to be this perception out there that all of these guys are getting paid a gutload for fighting.

The majority of them don't. I think the notion of boxing being "pussified" as you call it is completely ridiculous.

There is too much hate on fighters from boxing fans. They are out there getting their faces beaten in, most of them for not too much money. The last thing we should be doing is *****ing because we think they should be getting bashed for 15 rounds rather than 12.
                Maybe i was a little harsh saying that the sport has been pussified.As a life long boxing fan I just want to see the best fights i can,and rds 12-15 historically brought out the fire and heart in a fighter,it forced them to dig down deep and out of that came some awesome rds.like i stated earlier in the thread if a fighters hurt by all means stop the fight,i do not want these guys getting badly hurt,that was not my intension when i made the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
                  Maybe i was a little harsh saying that the sport has been pussified.As a life long boxing fan I just want to see the best fights i can,and rds 12-15 historically brought out the fire and heart in a fighter,it forced them to dig down deep and out of that came some awesome rds.like i stated earlier in the thread if a fighters hurt by all means stop the fight,i do not want these guys getting badly hurt,that was not my intension when i made the thread.
                  I have no problem with people wanting 15 round fights.

My problem is when people try to make out like this sport is easy and that fighters are being overpaid. Its not easy, its hell, and the vast majority of these guys will not retire rich men.

Comment

Originally posted by Champ Is Here View Post
                    I seen that **** in ya avi dro

It was weak though
                    yeah it was. She's still the bomb though

Comment

Originally posted by Dan... View Post
                      I have no problem with people wanting 15 round fights.

My problem is when people try to make out like this sport is easy and that fighters are being overpaid. Its not easy, its hell, and the vast majority of these guys will not retire rich men.
                      That's what i'm saying bruh. U try to train for an amateur fight and tell me it's easy or relatively simple. Now imagine training for a 12 round fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X