Collapse
No announcement yet.

15 rd fights need to return

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about five 10 minutes rounds? Or unlimited rounds until one gets KTFO and we get rid of judges?

Comment

12 rounds is more than enough time to judge the winner of a fight and to allow to for a potential KO. 15 rounds is excessive and not needed. Why would anybody want to see two tired boxers bashing the brains out of each other unable to defend themselves? Boxing is about skill, first and foremost, and not unnecessarily bashing each others heads in.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
        12 rds any good boxer can train for,it takes an elite fighter to go 15,it takes there mind body and soul,most of the best fights in history were 15 rds,imagine Ali Frazier going 12,we would have missed some of the greatest rds ever,or Leonard Hearns,literally would have changed boxing history,instead of a 14th rd ko hearns would have won by dominate decision.

And please do not pull the fighters safety card,fighters are still getting brains injuries and such,its a part of the sport like it or not.

I do not know about anyone else but i am sick of my sports being pussified,for the money they get payed i expect and deserve brutality,otherwise its uninteresting.
        So 50K (probably before taxes) is enough for Jason to put his life on the line for 15 rounds for your entertainment?

Comment

Originally posted by Nuurzhaelan View Post
          So 50K (probably before taxes) is enough for Jason to put his life on the line for 15 rounds for your entertainment?
          Yes it is,like i stated earlier most of the time deaths in the ring happen in early rds,they partake in a vicious combat sport it is apart of the game.

Comment

Make it 13 and avoid draws not entierly but less probable, 11 for no championship fights. Everyone is happy.

I have commented on this before, going to 15 round fights is a stepback for the sport. The only step back the sport needs is the availability to the public by airing major fights on free network tv.

Comment

I love how you go on like you have it so tough and all of these guys are millionaires. I used to think you were a half-decent poster but the more I read your threads the more I think you don't have a clue and are, in general, a pathetic ****.

The percentage of fighters that "retire millionaires" is a lot smaller than you seem to think. As someone else mentioned, a lot of these guys are going out there and giving their all and getting the **** beaten out of them for what, in my opinion, is not a massive sum of money. Yet you seem to think the sport has been "pussified" because they only beat the crap out of each other for 36 minutes now rather than 45.

There are still some terribly brutal fights going on. Get off that high horse you are on. "When i retire my meager 40-60 k a year will leave me with arthritis a badback probably a sht load of bills,and who knows what else." Cry me a ****ing river you big baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan... View Post
                I love how you go on like you have it so tough and all of these guys are millionaires. I used to think you were a half-decent poster but the more I read your threads the more I think you don't have a clue and are, in general, a pathetic ****.

The percentage of fighters that "retire millionaires" is a lot smaller than you seem to think. As someone else mentioned, a lot of these guys are going out there and giving their all and getting the **** beaten out of them for what, in my opinion, is not a massive sum of money. Yet you seem to think the sport has been "pussified" because they only beat the crap out of each other for 36 minutes now rather than 45.

There are still some terribly brutal fights going on. Get off that high horse you are on. "When i retire my meager 40-60 k a year will leave me with arthritis a badback probably a sht load of bills,and who knows what else." Cry me a ****ing river you big baby.
                Thats a bit harsh Dan.I do not think they all retire millionaires,the only times i would like to see 15 rd fights is in championship bouts,its just an opinion dont get to worked up over it dude.

Comment

no! maybe i'm to young but 15round fights bore me.

Comment

Not coming back....

interesting enough, they barly score any fights a draw these days.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
                      Thats a bit harsh Dan.I do not think they all retire millionaires,the only times i would like to see 15 rd fights is in championship bouts,its just an opinion dont get to worked up over it dude.
                      I'm not getting worked up mate, and I am harsh, that is just the way it is.

There just seems to be this perception out there that all of these guys are getting paid a gutload for fighting.

The majority of them don't. I think the notion of boxing being "pussified" as you call it is completely ridiculous.

There is too much hate on fighters from boxing fans. They are out there getting their faces beaten in, most of them for not too much money. The last thing we should be doing is *****ing because we think they should be getting bashed for 15 rounds rather than 12.

Comment

Working...
                      X