No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Pacquiao vs Marquez Will Be at 147 or No Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum: Pacquiao vs Marquez Will Be at 147 or No Fight

WBA/WBO lightweight champion Juan Manuel Marquez is pushing very hard for a third fight with Manny Pacquiao. The three division champion from Mexico would like the fight to take place at a max catch-weight of 144-pounds. Top Rank CEO Bob Arum, who promotes Pacquiao, is not going to budge on the weight. Arum, along with Pacquiao's trainer Freddie Roach, are taking a hard line with Pacquiao's next fight taking place at the full welterweight limit of 147-pounds.

[Click Here To Read More]

I think the catchweight is kinda silly being that's probably what pac would weigh in at anyway.

Comment

Who cares. Marquez should just come in at 140 and not worry about trying to gain all that weight. Pac won't be more then 144 or 145.

I mean fucking Mayweather gave the dude a catch weight for fuck sakes. Regardless of what weight Mayweather came in at.

Pac's people are starting to make him look really bad. That include Roach, Arum, Koncz, and Ariza.

Comment

is this a joke? He's saying they want let Pacquiao starve himself to go from 144 to 142 but Ariza and Roach claim they have to forcefeed him and give him 7k calories a day JUST to make weight. Not only that Roach says that he's not a real WW. So you can't have it both ways. Enough with the excuses.

Why let Margarito drop down 4 lbs to 150???? How about fighting Cotto @ 145 lbs? LMAO, these guys are huge jokes and anyone can see it.

Comment

I know Bob Arum did not just say that, "it is ****** to ask the welterweight champion come down or starve himself down below the welterweight limit." I guess the old man forgot that he asked the then welterweight champ Cotto to come down to 145 And Roach asked then welterweight champ Mosley to come down to 142. These guys are hilarious. The only thing worse is the Pacwh*res who buy into this bull****.

Comment

I think Pacquiao weighed 145 pounds on fight night when they fought at 135.

So any which way pac is going to be around the same weight on fight night.

They fight at 140 pac is going to be around 147-148 on fight night.

They fight at a catchweight of 144 pac is going to be a round 147-148.

They fight at 147 pac is going to be around 147-148.

Pac is always going to have a bit of a weight advantage on marquez, even back at 135 that was the case.

Comment

Pacquiao fights at WW around 144 pounds which is his natural weight. But they cant make the fight at 140 cause he'll starve himself? lmao. wow. If this fight happens at 147 then its another circus fight basically for Marquez

Comment

Mr Catch Weight doesn't want a catch weight with Marquez? WOW! Manny is TERRIFIED of Marquez!

Comment

Typical Bob Fucking Arum. Hopefully he only has 1 year left in him.

Marquez should come in at 140..regardless.

Comment

Then I hope no fight.

If they just want to fight at 147, cool.. Only options is Floyd or Berto... Anything else is a no.

Comment

Working...
                    X