No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez's Trainer Believes Margarito Had Weight Issues

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by throbk1974 View Post
    Margarito's problem was his strategy. He didn't put the pressure that he usually does, especially after being caught with that upper cut, that broke his face, in round 4. He was pretty much a sitting duck after that round, because he didn't want to commit anymore.
    Dude have you watched the fight closely LOL. Margarito threw a jab and he ate three power punches in return. He threw another jab and the same thing happened. He tried to throw a power punch and Pac returned with not just 4 or 5 but 6 and 7 combination punches. The mistake that Margarito made was that Pac probably can't hurt him.

Comment

Margo re hydrated to 165 lbs, no signs of weight issues there. If he had them he wouldn't been able to re-hydrate that much. He is a pro and new the details of the contract. If anything he didn't get KOed cause his higher weight helped him

Comment

it must be in 147 lbs. if JMM wants to fight Pacquiao, he will earn more money (wow) to pay his hospital bills just like Margarito,

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          Nacho Beristain, the trainer and manager of WBO/WBA lightweight champion Juan Manuel Marquez, believes Antonio Margarito had struggled with weight as he prepared for the recent twelve round loss to Manny Pacquiao. Pacquiao-Margarito, which took place on November 13, was fought at a catch-weight of 150-pounds. Margarito weighed in at 150, but came in at 165-pounds on the day of the fight.

[Click Here To Read More]
          dear Nacho

it's funny but in the 6 weeks I spent working with Team Margarito never once did I see you in the gym

Elie Seckbach? si claro

Chino Trinidad? yep

you? not once

and unless you have Garcia's phone number I clearly do not see how you know anything about anyone's camp

see had you called well then you would known that Tony was at weight as early as Thur morning

thanks

Team Margarito

Comment

Originally posted by EL_cano View Post
            If i can recall, out of everyone Pac has faced, margarito was the only one to land the most punches. Does that mean margarito is slow? That dude threw over 1000 punches againts cotto.
            and the fewest complaints

he has yet to make one excuse about what happened

Comment

Cheato had no plaster he looked horrible his last 3 fights hes shot just a journey man now after cotto demolishes him

Comment

Marquez should agree to fight Pac at 147. And at the weigh-in he could come in weighin 140. Like Pac did against Margarito when he came in weighing 146 but was suppose to weigh 150.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyslick69 View Post
                  Marquez should agree to fight Pac at 147. And at the weigh-in he could come in weighin 140. Like Pac did against Margarito when he came in weighing 146 but was suppose to weigh 150.
                  jmm would agree, but pac doesn't want to deal with that headache again.

if the margarito fight brought in 1.4m like some ******* leaked then i think he takes on jmm again instead of ruling him out

Comment

Why are so many of you arguing Nacho's logic here? Roach said the exact same things after the weigh-in. Look it up.

Does that make Roach an idiot also?

Comment

Originally posted by xaviertooth View Post
                      i can swear marquez is a cry-baby. stop talking about manny and talk about katsidis. i hope katsidis KTFO him but i think it'll not stop his mouth.

these golden boys are on it for almost all the time now since manny victory.

It was Nacho in that video ****** ass!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X