No announcement yet.

Martinez unorthodox K.O. Video of Williams

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
    Nice try, good effort, but that ain't the same. Tommy's shot was just an over hand power shot. same as Marciano's.

Juan Urango's overhand left didn't even hurt his opponent it was the right that knocked him out. The Pacquiao shot is a one fluid motion Slipping to the side of the opponent while throwing an overhand left shot to the head.

Again I say one sweeping motion. Not after the punch he goes to the left side of the opponent. This is all done in one sweeping motion. While he is throwing a punch, pac is aleady on his opponents left side. Doing all this while his chin is tucked in moving his whole upper body to the side of the opponent. All done with a 'no-look' punch.

All I saw in your video are overhand left shots. Not the same punch.
    Not only have you no grasp of history, you also have no powers of observations. All of the shots shown were overhand rights apart from Urango's shot. Also every single one is exactly the same as Pac's overhand left. Exactly the same.

You're wrong. It's as simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
      I think that's perhaps a sign that Pacquiao didn't invent it. MMA fighters make for horrifically bad boxers.

At 2.45 the very slick Tommy Morrison throws the same punch with from an orthodox stance.
      That was one hell of a punch.

Comment

Not only have you no grasp of history, you also have no powers of observations. All of the shots shown were overhand rights apart from Urango's shot. Also every single one is exactly the same as Pac's overhand left. Exactly the same.

You're wrong. It's as simple as that.
        I'm the one who made this thread. And your saying I can't see the difference between an overhand punch from a pacquiao overhand patented punch?

Dud all your videos shows overhand punches that is punched right infront of the opponent and not moving to the side in one sweeping motion. Marciano did an overhand right and then moved to the right of his opponent. Not one sweeping motion. He stepped to get to the side.

Pacquiao's punch is an overhand left in one sweeping motion, and by the time he lands that left he is already in the left side of the opponent thats the difference. It is all done in one sweeping motion.

Marciano looked like he was doing it but it is actually the opponent going towards him while he was about to throw the overhand right that made it look like he was beside his opponents right.

Pac throws a left (take note) coming forward while the opponent is stationary and while doing this move ends to his opponents left side in one sweeping motion that's the difference. And you say I don't have a keen eye

It's a shot moving forward using an overhand left while going to the left of the opponent.

Again I say, marciano looked like he was doing it but the reason it looked like he was at the right side of his opponent is because when he threw the overhand right his opponent 'went towards him', making his body seem at the side of his opponent.

The pac punch is a move pac does while coming forward and moving to the left of the opponent in 'one sweeping movement'
        while his opponent is stationary 'not coming forward'
        Am I keen enough

Overhand shots have been done ever since the dawn of time. That is why if you look at pacquio's recent fights. Or his recent fight with Margarito. It is not an ordinary overhand left shot. He would throw an overhand left while ducking immediately to the side. Same as what he did with Delahoya.

It ain't just an overhand left dude. It's an overhand slip to the side move. Your videos are all overhand shot. That ain't it.
        Last edited by Spoon23; 11-22-2010, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Ive seen Hopkins do that a couple of times. From a right hand stance though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojita View Post
            YOU CAN'T HAVE! BECAUSE MANNY PACQUIAO INVENTED IT! LAST WEEK!!!! WHEN TS STARTED WATCHING BOXING !!!!!!!11111

smh

Comment

YOU CAN'T HAVE! BECAUSE MANNY PACQUIAO INVENTED IT! LAST WEEK!!!! WHEN TS STARTED WATCHING BOXING !!!!!!!11111

smh
              huh? Don't be a sore loser man. All you have to do is provide video clips. If you've been watching boxing. Then it won't be a problem Just post it here.

And btw, pac has been doing this move for years now. =)

Comment

Originally posted by Mojita View Post
                Oh really show me a clip. Lets see if it's the same punch. Coz squeelpiggy tried good but ain't even close. You can try. Post it here.

Comment

I loved seeing that!

Comment

jesus christ....

Comment

its called an overhand left..

Comment

Working...
                      X